Endings

I don't think I'll ever let them read this. It's private. Just for the paper it's wrtten on, him, and I. I'll keep on telling them that it mustn't be read until it's finished. Only, it'll never be finished. I cannot finish writing a story that will never end. The end can never come. Not until I have my happy ending. But that will never happen.

Happy. Endings. Don't. Exist.

Not for me anyway. Remember, our happiness is forbidden. This is a little retaliation - this cannot end until I get my happiness. My five years worth of happiness. That is what they owe me. And the more time they spend making their decision, the more happiness they'll owe me, and the more time we will have together again. Then I will dream again. Visit the land that was my kingdom. And rule with my beloved demon. My good demon. The last good creature in existence.

My people didn't want to be ruled by a demon. They couldn't see past his guise. Even though they knew he was a man as well. And humanity struck him down. My fury blazed so fiercely, my mind set fire to the kingdom, and then I couldn't return.

Their. Hate. Consumed. Me.

My. Fire. Consumed. Them.

And yet, I could still feel him. I still feel him. He didn't die. Not completely. He couldn't have.

In the early days he saved me, and in the end I couldn't repay the debt. So the end cannot come until I do so. Until we are together again. This much I know. But all those years ago,

Why. Did. He. Save. Me?