Siblings

I never mentioned my sister, did I? We've always been there for each other. Although, she could be horrible to me. My younger sister... Charlotte. She's the only one I can talk to now. Like all siblings, we've fought and quarrelled and like all siblings we've never completely stopped being friends. We've had a rocky relationship - more extreme than most. 

Once. I. Saved. Her. Life. 

I was seven and she was four. We were at some event, and the building caught on fire. They evacuated everyone. I looked for her in the crowds and couldn't find her.  

Then I remembered that she'd slipped off into another room because she didn't like the noise. I went off, sneaking past the adults. I ran through the smoke and found her. Then the room that we were in filled with smoke; the fire had spread. Luckily we were on the ground floor. I got my sister to help me push over the book case and break the window. I lifted her out first, then climbed out following. I wasn't being stupid - I told the firemen to get my sister, but they said that they'd searched every room. But I knew in my heart they hadn't. I hated them for letting her die. It was irresponsible. I was good though, I felt so strongly that I went and found her, determined to save her. And I did. 

She was never very grateful though. She was the silly younger daughter that was allowed to do what she wanted. I was the elder sister that had to clean up her mess. I was fine with it though; I cared for her, I smiled and nurtured her, I listened and understood her like our parents never could have.  

I guess now she thinks she's repaying me for caring for her as a child. She thinks that by making sure I stay here I will get better. That it's now her turn. 

I was such a kind child, I let my sister have my precious dolls, keep the fossils I found, take charge of my pets. I gave her everything. I spent a lot of time making her happy. She was my hobby in a way. She always kept me busy.  

We fell out when she turned fifteen though. I moved away, and we didn't talk until my break down.  

Until. Mum. And. Dad. Died.