you're your own best boy !

Warning; Gender identity problems, anything related to things like that. This is for ftm transgender ! This is also only a oneshot ! I will try my best <3

Authors note; for my best friend, Evan. I love you :D teehee

There's a cool breeze in the air and it's humid. The bright pink curtains sway in the wind, as the window was left open. Marcella is away and the toys are commuting among themselves on the floor. Everyone seems so cheerful and full of light. Raggedy Anns cheeks are flushed red and her eyes, even though the eyes of a doll, were full of life and wonder. Raggedy Ann loved to talk about the things she saw in the outside world and how she would love to see everything. She practically wished to touch the vibrant stars while the pale moon shone in the night sky. The room so lively and full of chatter, that you couldn't help but feel left out. You sat above, near the window. No one was focused on you, you thought. You felt so detached from everyone else.

It was strange. It was strange because you couldn't understand the feeling. The sickening feeling of being trapped in the role of someone you weren't. The other toys and dolls were aware of this. You made them aware when you had first met them, and of course they slowly learned and accepted. But with the hair and portions of yourself, it still didn't feel right. Being a doll didn't make it better. You looked out towards the sky for a while, pondering what it all meant and if you were just being crazy. If you were overreacting or if it was really as bad as it felt.

While lost in your own feelings and thoughts, you couldn't notice the eyes at stared at you from afar. Andy stared at you while pulling lightly on his orange hair. He was playing with it while lost in thought. He was thinking of you. Andy had a hard time not to, especially when he was so worried about you and the way you've been acting. You've been very distant and struggling to engage in any conversation. Andy walked over to Ann and tapped her shoulder. Ann turned around instantly, her dress moving in the slight breeze along with her hair. "What is it, Andy?" Ann spoke softly with her beautiful voice. "have you noticed how (Y/n) has been acting?" Andy whispered.

Andy wanted to avoid any chance of you overhearing him, he didn't want you to think he was talking bad. If it was really anyone else, he wouldn't care if they heard. But this was you, and you were upset. Ann peered up at you and frowned. She nodded to Andy and began fidget with her fingers. "Mm, yeah. I've noticed how upset he's been. But he won't talk to us. And y'know Andy, we can't make him. He's still kind of new, maybe he's home sick?" Ann couldn't think of much that could be bothering you, and even though she wanted to help, she knew you had a hard time opening up. No one actually likes to open up to new people so suddenly. Andy frowned at this. He didn't think anyone else had noticed, and if they did, they hadn't thought to do anything.

"Well, I can't make him talk. But I'm going to at least try to get something outta him!" Andy fixed up his hat and marched on over towards your direction. He climbed up to the window and fixed his outfit before sitting beside you. Andy noticed the lost look in your eyes. As if you were spacing out or confused or just mentally or emotionally lost. You had noticed his apearence and presence but didn't feel like speaking up. "Why aren't you with the others, (y/n)?" He asked carefully. You just hummed a response, almost as if you didn't exactly know why. But you did know why. You knew all the exact reasons why.

"Ann is talking about some neat stuff ya know. Um, Ann and I have noticed something.." this conversation didn't feel like it was going anywhere, but you could feel Andy hesitating to speak. He never really did that. Andy was a very straight forward and sassy guy. "About what?" You mumbled to him, at least attempting to give him a response. "About you." This definitely caught your attention and you instantly turned to look at him. You didn't realize how obvious your sad behavior was until now it was mentioned and brought to you by someone else. "(Y/n), what's going on? You can talk to us about things ya know. Ann told me I can't force you to talk, and I know I can't. But it just doesn't feel right seeing you all sad and lonesome." Andy spoke delicately.

You started to fidget and fiddle with your fingers, all the anxiety and feelings catching up just in time for your friend (someone you also had small feelings for) to wonder why you were so upset. And suddenly, everything felt different as you poured out your feelings and thoughts. "I just..it doesn't feel right. It never feels right to look the way I do. I'm trying so hard to come off as a boy, but..am I? Am I even doing it right? I'll never be like you, Andy. And it all just hurts so horribly bad." You could go on forever about the pain and emotions that swam through your head. "I can't tell if it all really hurts that bad or if I'm exaggerating.. I feel so different and left out from you and the others. I don't really know what to say." Andy was in shock.

Andy didn't expect you to actually talk to him. He wasn't the type that was good at this type of thing. Ann was usually the one who was able to comfort others. Andy felt himself feeling bad though. If he had known you were feeling so horrible, he would have wanted you to speak up earlier so he could've helped in the best way he could. "(Y/n)...I know I can't understand how you feel. I know that I never will, and neither will the rest of us. But...you can still talk to us. We care about you a lot and.." Andy had to think. Anything to help to cheer you up and make you understand that you were fine as who you were and wanted to be. "I'm the rag doll of a girl named Marcella. But I'm not girls toy at all! Just like you're in the body of something that you aren't. You're a boy, (Y/n). Just like me. All of us toys and dolls are different, but thats okay. I'm no good at this type of thing, but I'm still trying because I care so much about you. No one will be the boss of me, so you shouldn't let any of those rotten feelings and thoughts be the boss of you. If those thoughts and feelings keep bothering you, tell em' they better lay off ! Or Ann and I will do something about it." Andy punched the air in a funny and cool way, then began to laugh.

You laughed too. As much as he claimed he wasn't good at comforting people, he kinda was. "I know these feelings won't go away Instantly. So I'll be nice enough to help you. You're your own best boy, (y/n)." He winked at you and smiled. You could feel your cheeks somewhat light up and you smiled back at him. "Okay. Thank you, Andy." Andy stood and looked down towards you. He slowly lent out his hand and watched as you reached out and grabbed it. Andy pulled you up and you both headed down towards the floor, where everyone else was. You felt more relaxed with Andy there, but once you got there everyone was smiling and so excited to see you joining in. Ann smiled brightly and hugged you, in which you hugged back. "Thank you!" You said to everyone as they were very excited to have to there. You joined into the conversation and talked for what felt like forever. You felt safe and calmed down.

One thing you noticed, is that Andy never let go of your hand.

Sorry for how rushed and poorly written it is. Never said I was a good writer, but I still apologize. I tried my best to write this how I think Andy would be, but I know it's far from his character. Please let me know if I wrote this correctly? Like I've stated before, I myself am not transgender. (I am bigender and fall under the term transgender but I don't exactly 100% relate to the dysphoria trans people may go through !!) I wrote this for my best friend that is :) but it's never my intention to offend anyone with this writing or right something like this inaccurately, so any feedback on the writing would be amazing ! I also really appreciate the people who read this :) if this ever gets enough people who would want more oneshots; I'd be glad to write some if thoughts come to mind ! Ty sm <3

 (I am bigender and fall under the term transgender but I don't exactly 100% relate to the dysphoria trans people may go through !!) I wrote this for my best friend that is :) but it's never my intention to offend anyone with this writing or right...