The handsomest boy I know

Trigger warning; this story contains gender identity problems and may trigger some !! Also it's kinda similar to the last oneshot sorry lol

Authors note; this whole book is dedicated to my best friend, Evan <3

"Andy, how do you see me?" You asked in a blunt tone. It was a regular afternoon, where Marcella was at school and no one was around in the playroom to see the lively and talking toys. Toys and stuffed plushes walked around, chatting, holding smiles on their faces. Here you and Andy were, on top by the closed window. Sitting on the ledge, letting both of your legs swing and dangle over. The trees outside moved slowly with the breeze, and you could feel the air squeeze through the cracks of the window. Andy stared, because it seemed like a weird question. Raggedy Andy had known you for some time, and it was abnormal for you to ask something like this.

How did he see you? What did you mean? Personality? Looks? Relationship? God, where should he start? You awaited his answer, when he just hummed and stared up at the ceiling. "Well, whaddya mean?" He asked, looking towards you and your soft expression. "Mm. I mean like, my looks." His mouth shaped into an 'O' and he had just realised what the problem was. Some problems and bad thoughts you would face occasionally, things you couldn't quite get to go away. Normally, you would stay quiet. You wouldn't dare bother the others with your own problems. You would distance yourself, space out during conversations and stories. Practically everyone knew there was something wrong. It was just that no one had the guts to ask nor bother you. You gripped at your clothes, staying silent.

"I see you how you see yourself, or how everyone else would see you...I see you for how you look ! Of course, how else would I see ya?" Andy tried to shake off the question. He didn't want to say something that would hurt your feelings or something you could take the wrong way. Andy was your best friend, someone you talked to the most out of the rest. Even Ann, someone who was friends with everyone and knew everyone closely, wasn't as close to you as Andy was. Andy knew most of your deepest and darkest secrets. Keyword; most. Of course Andy didn't know everything, and though he wish he did, he wasn't the type to pry someone open and force them to talk when they didn't want to. Andy could be sassy and rude sometimes, but he was honest and straight forward. A really nice raggedy doll. Andy and his sister had a lot in common, and that was a trait they both shared.

You felt yourself grabbing at your head and sighing, feeling overwhelmed by his lack of answer. You needed a true answer! "That doesn't really help, Andy..do I look like a boy to you? That's the real question. Do I look like a real boy?" Andy kind of felt himself stop in his tracks. Like his world came to a holt. He could see the distressed look on your face. The way you had gripped on your clothes before, and the way you were now gripping on your head and hair. It was obvious you were having a hard time. Like things were shattering in your world but from his point of view it was fine. Andy knew he could never understand. Never feel what you felt and neither could the rest of the dolls and toys. But he still deeply cared and tried in everyway to sympathize with you. To understand where these feelings came from and how he could fix it because he was so eager to.

An idea. An idea popped into his cotton filled head and his lips shaped into a soft yet sort of worried-like smile. "I'll show ya!" Andy hurriedly held out his hand for you to take, and you stared at it for a while. What was Andy going to show you? You pondered and questioned and yet only felt filled with anxiety at what the answer could possibly be. "Come on, (Y/N)!" Andy was filled with some sort of excitement, so you grasped onto his hand and let him lead the way. You both jumped down towards the ground and softly hit the wooden floor. Andy was quick to ask if you were okay, as both of you had hit the floor pretty roughly. You waited for Andy to get himself back in shape and sort himself out. You watched as he dusted himself off and he helped you too. "Oh, Thanks Andy." You said nervously. "Ah don't worry about it! Now c'mon!" It seemed as Andy started to march his way across the room and you walked quietly after him.

Andy came to sudden halt and you both stood in front of a long and tall mirror. A mirror that was one for someone human of course, perhaps Marcella's or her parents. "Andy did you just bring me here to have me look at myself in the mirror?" Andy shook his head and laughed a little, patting you gently on the head while doing so. "No! Well...not exactly- just look!" Andy pushed you towards the mirror and made you take a long, hard look at yourself. You couldn't help but feel unsatisfied. The way you looked wasn't right. You'd never be a boy this way. This isn't how a boy is supposed to look. You were supposed to look perfect. You almost wanted to crawl out of the 'skin' you had and hide away from it all. It made you want to scratch and itch at your body. "Andy this isn't working ! It's not doing anything but making me feel worse! This is stupid. I'm not like you. I don't-" Andy pressed his hand to your mouth and made a 'shh' noise.

Andy now stood behind you, watching your every move and being careful not to make you upset. He placed his hands on your head tenderly, and began to speak. "There's no real way to look like a boy, ya know? Everyones gonna look different. Short or long hair, you're still whoever YOU wanna be !" He nodded towards you. "This face of yours is handsome as it is, you can have any features and you'd still be the handsome boy I know." He winked at your through the mirror and you chuckled. He moved on towards your body.  "Doesn't really matter the way a body is shaped, it's perfect anyways ! Small stomach, big stomach, whatever ! Small chest, big chest, you're still you. Ever think about how it's just muscle? Muscle is for everyone ya know! Just means you're manly. I guess what I'm saying is, there's no real way to look like a boy. It's up for you to decide, not anyone else to. You're a boy if you say you're a boy." Andy smiled widely at you.

"Besides, you're the handsomest boy here! And manliest, other than myself." Andy pretended to flex his 'muscles' but of course there was none built in. It gave you both a laugh and you could feel the anxiety and ugly thoughts  washing away slowly. You sighed out in relief. "So (Y/N), ya feel better ?" Andy placed his hands on his hips. You kindly grabbed onto his arm and placed a peck gingerly on his cheek. His cheeks turning red and his face becoming flustered and one of lovestruck was obvious.
"Mhm. Better."

Authors note; AAAAAA !!! Sorry for how rushed this one was!! You can tell from poor writing that this was rushed way more than the first oneshot. I apologize for this :( I'll do better next time!! ALSO SORRY FOR ANDY BEING KINDA OUTTA CHARACTER I'M TRYING.. (But also I finished this at 5 Am) Also next oneshot won't really have any gender identity problems and will be more of a Andy x male reader type deal? If that's okay <3 also if you can't relate to this I apologize, this is just something I personally deal with as someone who's identity falls under trans. Just wanted you all to know that you don't have to meet society's standard of what a boy should look like. If you say you're a boy, then you already look like one. There's no real way to look like a boy, just look how you want and fuck gender roles !! :) N know that's it's okay to change how you look too ! Just look however you want to make sure you're happy in your own skin ! N I'm taking requests/suggestions !!!