Brand new name

A/N: I'm taking requests still so if y'all have any ideas for a oneshot feel free to comment !! <3 I'll also do headcanons of reader x Andy if anyone requests some ! Apologies for bad writing and plots, I wanna continue this oneshot book I just don't have many ideas. Enjoy!

Warning: mentions deadnaming and feelings of gender dysphoria !

Another day in the playroom, another day in the life of being a little girls stuffed toy. You couldn't really remember how you found yourself in the arms of the little girl, days began to blur together and everything felt the same. You'd think the life of a doll, or raggedy doll, or any toy in general would be easy. Not like it was hard at all, you just were hugged or talked to or played with by children (and adults some of the time too). But for you, it felt difficult.

Everyday Marcela would run upstairs after school, opening the door with a smile so bright. She would giggle and grab all the toys, greeting them one by one and talking. Marcela chatted away and talked of friends, school, the bus ride, her favorite foods, anything a child could think of. But then she would pick you up, hold you, and talk to you. And it was different. To be completely honest, it hurt at first. In the beginning you struggled with yourself and accepting that you were different. So it was hard on you. But over time you got used to it. Used to Marcela calling you by the wrong name and dressing you in the wrong clothes. Not that the clothes bothered you too much. It was the name. There was this constant voice in the back of your head that would say "That's not my name. But that's not my name. My name is (Y/N)."

You couldn't speak up. Not even if you wanted to speak up, you couldn't. It wouldn't be right to scar a child and have her realise that you had thoughts and emotions and could speak like a human could. So you stayed quiet. Eventually, Raggedy Andy realised something was up. So did Raggedy Ann. Whenever Marcela would leave and you would all come to life, you held an expression of exhaustion. This was new, because you never did that before. It was like you got more and more exhausted everyday.

"Is something wrong?" Ann asked quietly, in a hushed tone. She didn't want to be too loud and worry everyone else. She knows it would be wrong to have everyone overhear and put you on the spot light. Andy stood behind her, a face full of worry. You felt bad. It was never your intention for them to pick up on your attitude or emotions, and you hated the look of worry on their faces. "I'm..fine." you sort of mumbled and fiddled with your outfit, not knowing how else to respond. Though it was only them, and you trusted them beyond everything, it felt like too much attention. Especially considering their sorry and sad expressions. "You sure don't sound fine, (Y/n)." Andy walked over and put a gentle hand on your shoulder, rubbing it to ease away any anxiety if you had any. His voice was laced with concern.

You let out a shaky sigh, and spoke about what was on your mind. "It's just that...I don't like it. I mean, when Marcela doesn't say the right name. She calls me something else; a name that isn't right and isn't mine. At first it was fine and I was used to it but now it's..." And you trailed off because saying it outloud felt stupid. You felt stupid about the whole thing. Of course she was going to call you by the wrong name, you're a doll. A kids doll. Andy shook his head. "Now now, stop that. I know exactly what you're thinking! And trust me, it isn't stupid. None of us would want you to feel upset like this." Ann chimed in and walked closer. "And I'm sure Marcela wouldn't either! Yeah we're just her toys and all but, Marcela really cares about us!" You shook your head.

"But that's just the thing, we're just toys! Dolls! There's no way we can communicate to her." Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy looked at eachother and tried to think of a solution. You didn't like that. It seemed they were always trying to help you, and help everyone else too. Andy helped you a lot in situations, and you rarely got to return the favor. "Guys, don't stress over it-" you began to speak but were quickly cut off by Andy's face lighting up and his smile going from ear to ear. "I got it!" He exclaimed and grasped your hands in a tight hold. "We can make you a name tag ya know? And write a note to Marcela!" Your cheeks started to heat up and blush, though that's because you were so distracted by the fact that Andy had grabbed your hands with such enthusiasm. "But I mean- that's crazy Andy! We don't even know how to write." Andy shook his head and looked over to Ann. "Annie, Can't you?"