CHAPTER FIVE: November 1994

Since Halloween night I'd become a complete recluse. People kept asking me about the tournament and how it felt to be a champion. I didn't even particularly want to compete; I'd only done it because I'd lost a game against Bridgett. Everyone in Hogwarts was excited for me to compete it seemed and it made me feel a little sorry for Harry. He was a champion too, sort of, and everyone just cussed him out or berated him for it. On some level I was jealous of him. A part of me would rather have that than a bunch of girls following me around between lessons asking me silly questions and trying to start conversations. It was this exact reason that I'd took to spending even more time in the library.

It was a Thursday afternoon, and I was doing a Divination essay when I heard familiar footsteps approach. I looked behind me and saw that it was Hermione Granger. "Alright Granger," I smiled, she rolled her eyes and smirked, taking the seat beside me.

"You told me you weren't entering the tournament," she said, one eyebrow raised.

"Well, I wasn't going to, but have you ever played rock-paper-scissors?" I asked, clueless to the fact that this game was apparently invented by muggles. She laughed aloud, trying to conceal her giggles with her hand. "Well, I lost, and the forfeit was putting my name in the goblet," I explained. She rolled her eyes even harder this time.

"And who was the bet against?" She asked primly.

"Bridgett," I chuckled, "I kind of feel bad almost, she would have been way better than me." I wasn't even lying. She was definitely more of a fighter when it came to magic. I was a more physical fighter, like the sort of fighter that would grab a beaters club and just use that as a weapon as opposed to using my wand.

"So, are you and Bridgett?" She asked with a sly smirk, and I knew what she was getting at. She hadn't been the first one to think this.

"Fuck no," I laughed, "we're just best mates." She raised an eyebrow at this.

"So, her cuddling and kissing you?" She asked with a smirk.

"What can I say?" I winked, "I must just be fucking irresistible." She rolled her eyes at this. "I'm joking Granger," I laughed, "I'm not a fucking narcissist." She let out a small breath of relief at this.

"You swear far too much," she mentioned primly.

"You don't swear enough," I retorted. She scowled cutely.

"I do too," she argued, sounding a little like a toddler who was trying to persuade their parents they were grown up.

"Go on then," I challenged.

"Fine!" She relented before a long pause, "crap!" I laughed at her and shook my head.

"You've got to be kidding me Granger," I laughed loudly.

"What?" She asked defensively.

"Say 'cunt'," I told her, "I dare you."

"You're a prefect," she reminded me, and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I never asked to be," I replied, "now do it!"

"Erm," she struggled, "cunt..." She'd said it very quietly, as though she was afraid someone may hear.

"That's it Miss Granger, ten points from..." I stopped talking when she began to shake my shoulders and scream 'No'. "I'm joking," I told her calmly and she stopped shaking me.

"Oh," she let out, suddenly seeming embarrassed and turning a bright pink, causing me to laugh hysterically.

"Where's Potter and Weasley anyway?" I then asked her once I'd calmed down, suddenly remembering the distaste they had for me.