CHAPTER THIRTEEN: The Third Task

The day of the last task came quicker than I had anticipated. The past two months I had just been enjoying spending time with Hermione as we did our homework in the library, took walks throughout the grounds, and shared the occasional snog in the odd broom closet. She was also incredible with helping me practicing the defensive and offensive spells I would need to know when I entered the maze.

On the morning of the last task, I sat with Bridgett at the Slytherin table eating breakfast nervously. "You're going to be fine," she assured me, "especially with all the 'extra help' Granger has been giving you!" I rolled my eyes at this and began to stare at the Gryffindor. I was in a trance as I watched her spoon scrambled eggs and beans onto her plate. I was so distracted in fact, that I was in complete shock when I felt two hands grasp my shoulders and a familiar voice shout 'boo' in my ear.

"Mum?" I turned around instinctively. My guess had been correct though, and stood behind me was my mother, accompanied by my Aunt Dromeda and my cousin Dora. They were my father's relatives. Andromeda had been his cousin until she'd been cast out of the family for marrying my Uncle Ted, who was a muggle-born. Dora was their daughter. When my father had died, Andromeda had been the only one in the Black family to reach out and offer my mother any support. Since then, we'd formed our own little family.

My Mum wrapped her arms around me tightly and kissed my forehead repeatedly. "Oh, we're so proud of you (Y/N)!" She cried, "our own little Triwizard Champion!" I rolled my eyes and shuffled along the bench so her and Andromeda could sit down. Dora made her way around the table and sat down opposite me.

"We're incredibly proud of you (Y/N)," my Aunt Dromeda, said, leaning forward so as to talk over my mother. I thanked her and then turned back to face Dora, who had just begun her auror training under my mother's supervision.

"How's auror training?" I asked her, ignoring my mum and aunt's remarks.

"Your Mum is really strict!" She complained, "has me at work at seven o'clock every morning!"

Mum interjected now, "that's the ministry Dora, not me!" She chimed in.

"And this Granger girl?" Dora asked with a wink, "seen you and her in the prophet." I could feel myself blushing at this.

"They're almost boyfriend and girlfriend," Bridgett interjected, she'd been close with my family ever since she'd met them over the spring holidays in our second year, "can't stop them snogging whenever they get the chance." Dora giggled loudly.

"My little boy has a girlfriend!" Mum exclaimed, wrapping one of her arms around me and hugging me tightly once more, "you better not get her pregnant!" She then scolded, reminding me of how she'd gotten pregnant in her last year.

"When are we going to meet her?" Andromeda asked curiously. I mentally thanked her for allowing me to ignore my mum's remark.

I tried my hardest to make eye contact with the Gryffindor and succeeded. "Come here!" I mouthed. She must have understood me, since she got up off of the bench and approached us. Dora looked her up and down judgementally, whilst Andromeda and my mum smiled. I made room for Hermione to sit between me and Mum, which I immediately regretted.

"So have you been nice to our (Y/N)?" Andromeda asked.

"Have you remembered he has a tournament to win?" Mum interrogated.

"Have you had sex?" Dora asked with wide eyes and a shit-eating grin. Mum and Andromeda stared at her as Hermione blushed.

"Dora!" I scolded her, "not when Mum's eating!" Dora stifled a laugh and helped herself to one of the sausages on my plate.