EPILOGUE: July 1995

It had been weeks since I'd seen anyone I knew. Once a day a bowl of cold porridge and a pint of tepid water would be slipped through the crack under the cage door. I'd shout questions at my captors, but none of them were ever answered. "You're a dick! I'll fucking kill you when I get out of here!" I'd yell loudly at whoever walked away from me after they'd given me some food. For the first couple days I'd rejected their offerings out of spite, but after a week without food I'd given in. The porridge was thick and difficult to swallow, but my stomach was so empty, and it hurt so much that I needed to eat something. Whoever was holding me had taken my wand, so I had no viable escape.

The cell door opened, and a hand grabbed a fistful of my overgrown hair. I yelped in pain and tried to fight off whoever had grabbed me. "Incarcerous!" My captor laughed, his laughter only growing more intense as the ropes he had conjured wrapped themselves tightly around my body. "Stop struggling Mr Black, not long now until you'll be with your new family," a cold voice sniggered before petrifying me. All I could do was watch as my captor raised his wand and apparated us into a rather average looking forest.

"You have my payment?" A deep voice asked as the trees around us rustled. I still couldn't move a single limb as the two men talked.

"He's yours," my captor chuckled, thrusting me forward as though I were a piece of meat.

"The boy's too old," the other man replied angrily, "I wanted a child, not a young adult!"

"This isn't anyone Greyback, this is (Y/N) Black!" My captor snickered. My stomach sunk when I heard the name 'Greyback'. He was the werewolf. He was the werewolf who attacked young children. Greyback was the monster who plagued every young witch and wizard's dreams. My governess had once threatened to give me to Greyback when I was five and refused to take my afternoon nap.

The werewolf was an ugly man, covered in coarse matted hair, a sickening smile plastered on his dirty face. Each of his teeth were sharp and full of cavities. He looked me up and down for a second curiously. "We could do with a noble in our ranks," he smirked sinisterly, before grabbing hold of my hair and yanking me towards him. His filthy hands pulled my chin up, so I had to look at him. "He wreaks of wealth and magic," Greyback sneered, "tell The Dark Lord, we will help him."

My old captor smiled proudly, "I'll let him know," he stated before turning on his heal and apparating out of the forest. "Pretty little boy aren't ya," The werewolf sneered, running the back of his right claw down my face.

I jumped up and head butted him, causing his nose to bleed. He looked down on me and grinned before binding me with ropes and levitating my body above the floor with a snap of his fingers. I resisted against the ropes, but it was pointless. I was trapped.

Fenrir Greyback led me down into the cellar of a derelict cottage before leaving and locking the wooden door from the outside. I could move now at least. My fists pounded on the door constantly in hopes that someone would come and let me out, but the only thing I gained from this was multiple splinters. I'd even considered attempting to apparate, but the thought of splinching myself in half quickly turned me off that idea. It was no use, I was trapped once more, and sleep was the only escape. I didn't find it difficult to fall asleep on cold stone floors anymore. Weeks spent in the other cell had gotten me used to it.

Hours into my sleep I was woken up by the cold. It was July, but it felt like November. There were scratches coming from the wooden door at the top of the cellar stairs. Loud, unforgiving scratches. I took a step back against the brick wall in fear as the door split into two and parts of it flew into the cellar. An enormous wolf padded down the stairs, his tongue licking his lips rapidly whilst saliva dripped from its maw. His ugly dark grey fur was matted and stunk of dirt. I went to reach for my wand but then remembered I no longer had it. There was only one way out.

Wandless apparition.

I closed my eyes and cleared my mind, trying my hardest to steady my quickly beating heart. I imagined my house, with Mum. I thought about her cooking, and her hugs. Then I turned on my heal. Just as I was expecting a crack and the feeling of going through the floo network, I felt the pressure of jaws clamp down around the side of my torso. I opened my eyes and yelped in pain before punching the wolf in the eyes repeatedly. The monster just stared at me before padding off out of the cellar.

Greyback had bitten me.

Greyback had infected me.