Chapter 5: Camp Lehigh

Another long chapter ahead hope you enjoy!

[( Camp Lehigh, New Jersey )(1943)]

Coming down the ramp, Peggy and I came over to the new recruits for their exercise? I think that's what it was called.

"Recruits, attention! Gentlemen, I am Agent Carter and this is Agent Adley." Peggy states as she strutted down the line of men while I stood straight at the end.

" We supervise all operations for this division." I explain with confidence. I notice Steve giving me a lopsided smile and I gave one back.

" you got this" i mouthed to him. He nodded and turned back and stood strong so Peggy wouldn't notice him though she did turn around slightly and give me a wink, I just shook my head jokingly and went with it.

"What's with the accent, Queen Victoria and Elizabeth?" " I thought I was signing up for the U.S. Army" A man grumbled looking at us.

I disgustedly turned to face him and made my way down the line past Steve and stood next to Peg. Peggy was from England or  'Britain' as she calls it and I weirdly enough have the same accent though I'm from Asgard not 'Britain'.

" Whats your name, soldier?" Peggy asks turning to face him.

" Gilmore Hodge, Your Majesty" he says in a bad accent.

"Step forward, Hodge" Peggy addresses to him.

"Put your right foot forward" when Peggy said those five words I knew what was going to happen, I took a step back and moved away. I looked around to see if anyone could see what was happening but I only got Steve's confused gaze. I smirked at him.

I heard Peggy and Hodge talk a bit longer until a thud and smack was heard and he was on the floor was blood oozing out of his nose.