Chapter 11: The Reunion

During the course of the years following, I was just about everywhere

During the course of the years following, I was just about everywhere. Through the founding of 'Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement & Logistics Division' also known as SHIELD, Howard and Peggy growing old and getting married, having children. For I couldn't have that.

I had many fun experiences, but sometimes life threatening. For example, joining Peggy and Edwin Jarvis on their missions, which was fun at times. I tried to stay in contact with Howard while he was in hiding but that failed. Although, after it all, we were back in contact. This then lead to shield and on from there.

One of my most favourite experiences is becoming a god mother, an auntie, to a little Stark. Little Anthony.

I was okay as I could be from Steve dying in 1945 but that all change on that fated night of ...

December 16 1991.

The day that we lost the most amazing man and his wife. Tony, who was 21 at the time was left parent less. I was in a state of shock, I wouldn't do this anymore. I couldn't, having to go through the grief of losing someone over and over again.

✯✯✯

A blinding light flashed through my blinds, waking me up from a sleepless night, full of nightmares. Dragging myself from the bed, I moved my stiff body to the bathroom. Staring at myself in the mirror, I didn't see me. I saw a fragile girl who had lost everything in her life. Not me.
Shuffling was heard behind me, swinging around I spotted him. Getting on my knees, I held my arms out and he slid into them.

 Getting on my knees, I held my arms out and he slid into them

My Gorgeous Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Hero. He was the only one at this moment in time who was keeping me sane.

Rising from the ground,  I walked towards a bookcase on the far side of the living room, pulling out a book. The book was rather a photo album. Scanning the pages brung back memories, ones that were happy and ones that I couldn't look at.

Hearing a flop against the ground, I glanced down to see hero laying down with his head bowing in between his arms. From the look of him, you'd think he was asleep. Something wasn't right . Rushing over, I gathered his small body in my arms putting his body up against my ear hoping to hear a heartbeat.