Chapter 2 Eclipse Intertwined

Chapter 2 - Eclipse Intertwined

For just a moment, all of the trifles and tribulations of the present seemed to be whisked away. It was just the two of you standing there in that plaza; two people from completely different worlds, yet united by a common interest. It was an encounter like that of a distant memory.

And as fast at it appeared, it ended just as quick. His dagger-like eyes blinked, and the hostile waves that burned wild as a fire inside them mellowed out to a serene tide. Oceans were known to be perilous one second and appeased the next, but never before had you seen a person swap masks in an instant.

Clearing your throat, you stepped up to the challenge, "You may call me Y/n."

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" Paimon questioned, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion, but that wonderous spark never once dissipating.

The ginger-haired man turned to the travelers, "Is this one of your friends?"

Aether answered, though he sounded a bit apprehensive, "We met today, but she helped us get around."

Before anyone else could comment, Paimon interrupted, "Hey, we should be the ones asking the questions here! Just who are you people?" Then she muttered, "Skulking in the shadows and popping up out of nowhere."

The stranger smirked, though you weren't sure what he found so amusing, "Call me Childe."

"Listen," you began, "I don't know what you're up to, but those two need to be apprehended and if you get in my way-"

You were promptly cut off by Childe giving orders to the travelers before you could continue, "Go to the Northland bank. I'll deal with this one."

The two foreigners looked hesitantly at each other before running off, presumably to the destination he had mentioned. His behavior was appalling, at least from your perspective. Did he really think he was going to stop you so easily? You weren't a vison holder for nothing, and it looked like you were going to have to bare your teeth.

"Not a chance!"

You summoned your bow, a rather ostentatious weapon bejeweled with glowing gold crystals and silver phoenixes, into your hand. You current attire was now going to be to your detriment, and you wondered if it would be worth tearing the fabric for more breathing room. You were reluctant to do so considering how precious the dress was, but for sake of Rex Lapis you would blindly do anything.

"Oh? Do you think you have a chance against me?" Childe taunted, his voice like a snake coiling around your neck. Yet despite his words, the previous mask from earlier had yet to appear. Surely in a battle he would at least show his true colors, but the fact that he was so calm only confirmed his arrogance.

You drew the string back, the magical geo arrow manifesting itself with your hand. In rapid succession, you fired a barrage of arrows in his direction, but he was nowhere to be found. You almost hesitated, visible confused, for you had only focused your attention elsewhere for an instant.

"Back here."

Your reaction was instantaneous, but not quick enough for you to launch your own attack. In the moment you turned around, Childe fired a single arrow of hydro at near point-blank range. Even as someone who had trained in combat for almost your entire life, that attack was almost impossible to avoid. You just barely moved away when the arrow whipped past your arm.

Childe smiled, a new mischievous glint in his eyes, "I must say, you can move pretty quick. Try to keep up with this."

He shot to the right, shooting even more arrows whilst maintaining his speed. It was impressive, and you wondered how many battles he had to fight to achieve such abilities. At that point, it was very clear who the victor would be, but you refused to give up so soon.