Chapter 14 Dreamy Nights

Chapter 14 - Dreamy Nights
A/n: Inazuma cool. Spent 6 hours doing a world quest but it's okay I needed primogems.

Warm clouds could billow for endless days without so much as a troubling storm and still dissipate with humidity's demise. When fading white puffs graduated to faintly clear horizons, stars reveling in the night alongside a callous full moon encased the distant world aglow. With a soft hymn of the wind whistling the tips of glistening blades of grass wet with dew and sorrowful tears, a curious soul might question the true repose of surface beauty.

How pitiful you looked, desperately sprawled in the snow-covered grass as shallow breaths pursuing colder dreams like factory steam just barely grazed your lungs that frantically pleaded for air. Your skin burned against the sheer chill that ripped you apart while the call of your heart set ablaze the frigidly guilty blood coursing throughout your veins.

And then you could remind yourself of fallen sunsets turned dim constellations plunged by your inadequacy.

Had you been wiser Kodiak wouldn't be dead, had you been born first Jiayi wouldn't have had to bear the weight alone, and had you the strength to confront your identity you wouldn't be yearning for false truths dyed in silver glass.

The weight of the eternally winter air felt like prying eyes convicting you of crimes you weren't aware of yourself as it coveted the warmth of your body that was slowly succumbing to simpler temptation. At that moment, you brushed you fingertips against your geo vision, flinching as soon as you noticed how it radiated against your hand.

How cruel the gods could be; to gift a vision to those who hadn't desired so or to ignore ambition not deemed favorable enough, it was trivial to those without mortal lives. The mournful day you had received yours, you were tempted to find some way to shatter it as soon as it appeared at your side.

Or rather, Jiayi's side.

Yet Jiayi was dead and a soft earthy glow still emitted from it like a golden moon near the harvest. You could only be reminded of her pale skin and sunken lilac eyes as the dimming light finally diminished into repose when you felt the weight of your vision. With the tranquility of death, cloudy water seemed crystal clear when viewed with sickly eyes, but you knew otherwise, and the once cherished memories of your sister spread like poison in the flesh. Indeed, how cruel the gods could be.

When you could muster enough strength to lift yourself onto your knees, you observed the considerably darker surrounding area. Whipping snowflakes blasted your face rapidly like sharp blossoms in Spring, and despite your heavy attire, you felt the tips of your fingers growing numb. Whether that was due to anxiety or outside influence, the current danger presented a problem the faintly lit courtyard couldn't resolve.

"A blizzard," you noted blankly into the flurry, not in any particular haste to seek shelter.

You began to wander aimlessly, disregarding the storm and potential hazard to your wellbeing in the process. With every snowflake that bruised your skin, several questions were brought forth that you knew not the answer nor intention to solve. The line of peaceful satisfaction and unwavering solitude blurred into fatal anticipation as you trudged through deeper and deeper snow and you wanted nothing more than for everything to still. Yet your legs continued on, moving on their own to a destination father than a midnight horizon.

If you drifted into the welcoming storm, would anyone reach out to your fading hands? Would anyone long for your return like you desperately wished for your sister? But if you reunited with her, would she forgive your transgressions? She had to have understood what happened in her final moments, for you can still remember the way she weakly squeezed your hand as if she understood all the questions she yearned to be appeased her entire life.