Always Check the Expiration Date Before Buying

Quiet voices were talking inside a bar somewhere in Kabukicho. This wasn't out of the ordinary, there are hundreds of bars inside the hardened neighborhood after all. What distinguished that bar from the rest was the fact that the voices were talking about the lost last samurai.

Otose's bar had become the unofficial search headquarters. She's complained to them, saying she didn't care about what happened to that rent-owing idiot, but the bags under her eyes betrayed her words.

"This is getting us nowhere!" Yelled a very irritated young boy.

"Calm down Shinpachi," said the old man beside him, "There's a very easy way to find him."

"Gengai-san, it's been two weeks and we still haven't found anything!" Exclaimed the boy-wearing glasses as he waved his arms around, "And what do you mean by 'a very easy way'? You have him chipped or something?!"

After catching his breath, he walked over to the closest sofa and sat down, putting his hands over his face. The past few weeks had taken a toll on everyone that has ever met the idiot samurai, they've all searched far and low, yet came out with nothing.

Shinpachi noticed the strange silence that had taken over the bar, he turned to the old inventor suspiciously, "Don't tell me..."

"Well, after the Great Milk Cream Factory Incident, I couldn't just let him go on his own."

The boy shuddered. He preferred not to remember... that. It was such an atrocious accident, both the editor and producers refused to include it in the manga and anime, "And you did that without anyone knowing?"

"No, I asked Kagura before doing it," Both of them turned to the girl tightly holding on to a sleeping Sadaharu on the floor.

In Shinpachi's opinion, she was the one who had taken Gintoki's disappearance the hardest. Despite repeatedly being invited to the Shimura home, she insisted on sleeping in the empty Yorozuya flat with the excuse that Gintoki would show up half-naked and full-on drunk.

The red-head stirred in her place, and holding on to Sadaharu a little tighter whispered, "Gin-chan's an idiot, uh-huh. Couldn't have him forgetting how to return home again, nuh-uh."

"Kagura-chan..." Shinpachi knew that she didn't care about the milk cream factory, she had another incident in mind. He faced Gengai and said, "Well then, where is he?"

"That's the problem, I haven't been able to track the chip," He stared at the green haired android sitting in the corner and thoughtfully said, "I made some upgrades so it'd be easier for Tama to find it, that's why she hasn't been functioning for the past week or so. Wherever he is, it's somewhere far away."

As if summoned by her name, Tama opened her eyes and started to make those booting up noises that had always disturbed Shinpachi.

Kagura looked up and upon noticing the now functioning robot, launched herself towards her lap, "You know where he is? Please Tama, tell me! Tell me! Tell me!"

The odd noises stopped and Tama looked down to face the pleading Yato on her lap, "The current location of 'Idiot Perm' is universe AU-DC01'94."

The previously hopeful voice of the girl dropped as she processed the information, "The hell is that?"

"Just as I feared," The inventor solemnly said as everyone watched him take a seat next to Tama, "He has crossed over to another anime."

"He has what?!" Shinpachi adjusted his glasses. It was always something new with that moron, "How in the world are we gonna get there?"

As everyone stood still, thinking about what all of this meant, the door abruptly opened, revealing three figures on the other side. Sadaharu stood up and yapped at the familiar figures, "I think we can help with that."