The best part of a school field trip...

Haibara woke up to the clattering of pans coming from the kitchen, the smell of bacon filled her nose. She made a quick glance to the clock sitting by the side of her bed, it was 7 in the morning. She usually woke up earlier than that, but because of the field trip that day, she had decided to make breakfast a little later than she normally did.

She found it unusual for someone else to be cooking, professor Agasa let her do the cooking to "get some practice", so who could be the one cooking? The only other person in the house was... No. It couldn't be.

She hurriedly made her way towards the kitchen, she could hear someone quietly humming. It was a fast and cheery song, something that would definitely get stuck in your head... Was that the Doraemon song?

She wasn't much of the anime type, but the Detective Boys would often force her to watch some of their favorite T.V. shows with them whenever they came over. The closer she got to the kitchen, the louder it got. That was definitely that obnoxious Doraemon song the kids liked to sing along to. But who was singing it at 7 in the morning? The only person she could think of was...

She rounded the corner to encounter a teenager dumping a pan full of bacon next to a tower of pancakes. The teen lifted his face to meet with the small girl he has been living with for the past few days, "Yo, you finally up huh?"

"What are you doing?" She questioned the man as he lifted one of the three plates set in the counter.

"I've done breakfast, it contains plenty of nutrients that assist your growth Nobi-, I mean, Haibara-chan," The perm head answered in a hoarse voice while holding the pancakes with one hand. For a second, Haibara thought she saw a bright moving background.

"Do you have any idea how bad bacon is for you?" She questioned the man with an incredulous look on her face.

"No, and I don't want to know," Yup, she should have expected as much "Anyway, go wake up the old man, he needs to drive us to that stupid field trip."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The best part of a school field trip is when your parents forget to ask for the leftover souvenir money

Many things annoyed the shrunken scientist about the recent newcomer, how he would always avoid questioning, how he refused to listen to her about how dangerous it was for him to consume so much sugar, and how lazy he was. Especially how lazy he was.

But the thing that annoyed her to no end was how much she enjoyed his cooking. She would never admit it out loud but, that was one of the best breakfasts she has had in a while. How could such a careless being create such a magnificent meal? She just didn't get it.

She spared a glance at the gray-haired man walking beside her. Both had received instructions days before to find their classes at the event, but there were so many other schools present that it was hard to single out individual uniforms. 

After staring at the stands like a near-sighted person trying to find their friends at a dimmed rock-and-roll concert, Gintoki finally spotted other teens using the same uniform he was, "Hey brat, can you find your friends on your own?" He asked while looking down at the brown-haired girl.

"Yeah, shouldn't be much of a problem," Moments after she muttered those words, a man in a nearby stand tried to get their attention.

"You guys want something? I got milkshakes, candy, anything a kid could want, chocolate," The vendor kept listing all sorts of sweets, making Gintoki's mouth start to water. He quickly glanced at the little girl next to him, knowing she would never approve of him getting a quick snack.