Most people don't believe you when you tell the truth

The actors on the stage were giving it their best, the warm lights bouncing off their skin, making them sweat ever so slightly. There was laughter coming from the audience, even the high schoolers (who hadn't expected much) were laughing at the clever jokes they placed into the show so it wouldn't be boring to them.

Yes. It was a show just like any other they had done, until something went terribly wrong.

Yamada Touma started experiencing odd ticks, his eyes started to blink uncontrollably and his hands began to move without him telling them to. He tried to stop it, but to no avail.

As time went on, little things started to annoy him. The previously warm light from the stage now felt inexplicably cold, same with the laughter of the audience he adored so much. Any sudden change, no matter how small, felt like a sharp stab to his brain.

One of his staff members noticed how Yamada wasn't acting right. During a show, he loved to see the audience members laugh and react to the show he created. Sometimes he would even sit with the audience and watch the show himself.

But right now Amaya, one of the staff members, noticed how the sociable Yamada Touma was distancing himself from the rest of the staff members.

"I'm... not feeling so great. Can you get me some water, Aki-chan?" He suddenly called out as he turned to his small vendor friend, "I would usually take one of your 'shakes, but I guess that's not a great idea right now, haha."

The aforementioned Takahashi Akiba decided to fetch him some water as the rest of the staff began to notice the weird behavior from his boss. The beloved comedian tried to crack some jokes, all falling flat as worry began to spread throughout the small crowd.

The short brown-haired girl helped hold him up. Amaya noted that his body temperature seemed unusually low, and started to worry even more. She quickly asked, "Hey, you okay? Did that high schooler hit you too hard?"

The man simply resorted to look up, a strange grin sprawled across his face, "No, it's not that. I just need to... go to the restroom real quick."

He started to walk towards the restroom, stumbling ever so slightly. Some of the male staff tried to follow him, just to make sure he was alright, but he simply refused by saying he was, "Just going to the restroom real quick."

"Jeez, that Yamada-san," Started a light brown-haired woman, "Always trying to bare things alone. I told Akiba-san to pick someone that seemed less strong, even if he wanted to make up for the spoilt milk incident."

"Yeah," Was the only thing that came out from the stunned Amaya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most People Don't Believe You When You Tell the Truth

Gintoki has had the runs before, but never had it been as embarrassing as this particular moment.

This happens to me during my first school trip? Are you kidding? It's not that different from peeing your pants during an overnight school trip. I can't believe the beginning of my high school career is its end. Thought the former Shiroyasha, now a shell of his former self, Should I go back out there? No, it's been almost an hour. Would they search for me if I suddenly went missing? I should just go find a time machine.

It was a tale as old as time. If something embarrassing happened to you in front of your classmates, the same story will be retold time and time again. Graduation was the only salvation to those who suffered that fate. Even then, some unfortunate souls have their stories follow them for even longer. Gintoki's heart ached for them.

Maybe SERN would let me borrow one. No, pretty sure Hououin got rid of it in this timeline..., his mind went on and on about possible time machine locations, until loud footsteps stopping at the restroom next to him interrupted his thoughts.

Oh man, I bet it was someone who also drank that infernal milkshake. I should give him some space, The silver-haired samurai thought as he exited the stall and started to wash his hands, I wish you the best of luck, brother.

He was planning on quietly retiring from the restroom, but he heard some sudden movement coming from inside the restroom stall. It wasn't the typical leg bounce or wall punch you do when struggling to take a dump, no, he heard loud crashes against the wall of the metal stall, almost like a fistfight was going on inside.

Gintoki became increasingly worried for whoever was inside. Was the milkshake really that bad? Or was something else going on there?

He swiftly made his way to the front of the stall's door, and promptly knocked, "Umm... excuse me... are you okay? If it's because of something you truly regret, we can travel to Geneva together..."

The crashes just kept going, showing no signs of stopping. The teen started to seriously contemplate booking some plane tickets, when a quiet, almost inaudible voice spoke, "...get... help..."

Worry took over his senses, whatever was happening, it wasn't good. He headed towards the door of the restroom, making long strides. He remembered seeing some medical staff near the stage, whoever was in that stall, he was going to be alright.

Gintoki moved his hand forward, ready to push the door open, when the weight of the door gave in too fast under his weight, causing him to fall forward.

"Oww..." Heard Gintoki from under him. Wait, under him? He looked down and found a certain child detective being crushed under him.

"Sorry," was all Gintoki could summon as he hastily stood up and started sprinting down the hallway.

"Wasn't that Gin-niichan?" Asked Genta as he waited for Mitsuhiko to help Conan up.

"Yeah..." mumbled Conan once up, already feeling a bruise forming under his knee.

The three young boys went inside the quiet restroom. From the angle he was watching, he spotted an outstretched hand from underneath one of the stalls the other two boys probably couldn't see. His heartbeat rose ever so slightly as he approached the stall and ducked to reveal a slumped over man, his chest slowly rising, but the rest of him was painfully still.

Mitsuhiko noticed what his shorter friend was doing and called out in surprise, "Conan-kun, what are you doing?!"

"Call the police, I'll call an ambulance," Instructed Conan as he crawled away from the stall.

"What, why?" questioned Mitsuhiko, as he watched Conan take out his phone.

"Yamada-san has been poisoned."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry y'all for the long wait, my laptop broke and I had to wait 'till I got a new one to write the story. It was a long wait.

I also apologize for the short chapter, I thought it was best for the pace of the story.

I have decided to upload one chapter every 2 months instead of every month. Sorry to follow a hiatus with this news, but I decided to free up my schedule so I don't have to worry about school AND updating.

Please remember that I'm in no way an expert in poisons, I simply looked up the Wikipedia page and bent some reality to fit this fiction, so please be kind in the comments.

Thank you, and any comments, questions, or concerns?

SmashCTRL out