School Trip [HoriKashi]

"Okay, class! You all know what to bring for tomorrow's trip, right?"

Hori Masayuki's homeroom teacher asked the class. His classmates enthusiastically responded a "Yes!" while he sat there with his head resting on his palm.

This is his last field trip. The seniors will stay in a hot spring hotel for one day. Everyone is excited. It won't be that bad, he thought.

Except because you'll have to bring a junior as a companion.

Apparently, this trip is like an acquaintance trip. Each senior will have to bring an underclassman to go with them. It's like a farewell trip or a turn-over trip. Hori has a lot of worthy juniors. Underclassmen who respect and obey him. Underclassmen who thinks of him as their superior. He only has to choose one, which is quite hard.

"Nozaki, you should go with me." Hori told Nozaki, who stood before him. The taller boy tilted his head and answered, "Why me, senpai? I mean, it's okay, but.. there are a lot of juniors out there.."

The brunet released a sigh. "Yeah, but you seem to be worthy enough. Plus, don't you want to get more manga references?"

Nozaki looked at Hori with his fingers in his chin. "You have a point. But did you ever consider inviting Kashima instead?"

"No." The upperclassman replied in a blink, like he didn't think about it at all. "I would consider inviting her if I want my last school trip to be miserable. But I don't want that."

Nozaki nodded. "I see. Well then, senpai, I appreciate your invitation. I'll go home and pack my things immediately." He waved at Hori and the other reciprocated the gesture, heading home.

Without Kashima, the trip would be less stressful, he thought. Hori packed his things with a smile in his face because finally, even just for a couple of days, he'll be Kashima-free.

"From: Nozaki

Re: I'm sorry

Senpai, I'm very sorry I can't go with you this school trip. My manga's deadline will be tomorrow afternoon, and I'm not yet done with it. I'm really sorry. I already sent someone to accompany you."

It was the text Hori received the following morning. He cussed silently as he stood outside the bus. The male took a deep breath; he can't blame Nozaki. He's really a busy man.

"Damn.. I should've invited someone else.. how could I forget about Nozaki's deadline? Oh well, the substitute he sent must be Sa-"

"Hori-chan-senpaiiiiiiiiiii!"

The tone of the voice made him stiffen. He couldn't even look at the source. He knew it wasn't Sakura.

"Kashima? You're Nozaki's sub?" His eyes widened. "Unbelievable." Hori covered his face in disappointment. Kashima hasn't even done anything yet, but he's sure that this trip would be hell.

"Yep! Ahh, Nozaki told me that you were too shy to ask me about this! You're really cute, senpai!"

"W-Wha- That Nozaki!" The male grunted, holding his bag firmly. "I wasn't shy! I-I.. I didn't.."

He felt his face heat up in embarrassment. Looking down, he took a deep inhale. Though he wanted to continue his sentence, he's afraid that it would offend Kashima. She'll probably cry and make a scene when he tells her that he didn't want to invite her at all. A teacher yelled from the steps of the bus, calling the students. Their attention was caught by the loud voice.

"Forget it." Hori sighed and went upstairs, leaving the girl behind. "Let's go."

He led Kashima to his assigned seat, which is quite placed in the back. Stares were shot through them- actually, most are to Kashima. Hori merely rolled his eyes and proceeded.