Confession Rehearsal [Songfic;HoriKashi]

"I'm sorry it's so sudden but.. I've liked you for a long time now! Senpai!"

Kashima's voice echoed in the walls of the empty club room. It was only her, and her speechless senpai. The drama club was dismissed 5 minutes early. Hori stood there with wide eyes, completely staring at Kashima in shock.

"What.." He tried his best to maintain his composure. It was truly surprising since Kashima sounded so serious about her confession. When the upperclassman opened his mouth to say something, his underclassman got ahead of him.

"You thought it was real, didn't you, pres?" All of a sudden, Kashima broke into laughter. The school prince's chortle was as vociferous as her confession earlier. "Was I cute? Did your heart skip a beat? How was it, senpaiiii?"

Hori's face was tinted pink. He doesn't know why, but he is flushed, and that makes him mad. Maybe because he's embarrassed about the fact that he actually believed Kashima? Meanwhile, seeing his reaction made Kashima laugh harder. She acted like Hori just cracked his funniest joke, and that made him feel the urge to strike her immensely hard.

"It was a confession rehearsal!" Kashima explained after Hori raised his hand and jabbed her in the head. Yes, he really did hit her. "Confession rehearsal? For what?" The brunet quizzed, his arm placed over the other. As usual. He wanted to tell Kashima, 'You damn brat, my heart really skipped a beat because of that.' but he would sound tsundere.

"I'm planning to confess to the person I like. Please support me, Hori-chan-senpai! Be my rehearsal partner!" The taller lass pleaded and strided towards the older male, but of course, Hori didn't let her draw any more closer. Extending his arm, he planted a hand on Kashima's soft face and shoved her away.

"And why would I? You don't need a rehearsal partner! Just practice in front of a mirror, besides, you're an actress aren't you?" The club president snorted. "And wait a second, you have someone you like? For real, Yuu Kashima of 2 - G? The School Prince? The most popular person in this academy?"

"Come on, senpai! I'm also a human, you know?" Kashima puffed her cheeks and sat down with her legs crossed. "In return, I'll try to go early in club meetings! Pleaaaase, I promise!"

Hori's ears perked up. That's a nice agreement. "..Really?"

"Yes!! Is it a deal, senpai?" She held out her hand with sparkling eyes. Please say yes, she quietly hoped.

"Deal then." With a slight smirk, Hori shook his kouhai's hand. From now on, they're officially confession rehearsal partners. Upon releasing the other's hand, Hori looked at the gal with seriousness in his visage. Kashima noticed it and blinked twice.

"What is it, pres? Did you change your mind?"

"No."

"Phew! Then what's the matter?"

"By any chance.. Are you gonna get serious?"

Ba-dump. What? Could she get a rewind? That one sentence made blood rush to her face. This time, Kashima's face got hotter. She was supposed to make people feel this feeling. She's not supposed to feel this. How did her senpai, Hori Masayuki, do this? His face got back to normal already, and it seems like it's her turn now. She's blushing. "W-What?"

In a few seconds, Hori's face wasn't showing any emotion. In a blink, his face got darker. The smirk he showed earlier was flashed again in his countenance. Mimicking Kashima's voice, he spoke, "You thought it was real, didn't you, Kashima?"

Kashima stared at him. Eye to eye. There was silence for a few moments until the girl spoke, "No, I didn't, senpai!" with her hand raised.

Guess what happened next?