Oblivious [HoriKashi]

[A/N: I'm publishing this because I have forgotten the plot. Sorry if it's short and sad!]

As usual, the drama club practice ended with Hori, the club president, thanking the members for a job well done. He waited by the door and bid them good bye one by one before picking up his things from the locker room.

"S-Senpai! Did I do a great job today?" Kashima Yuu shouted from behind the senior, making him jolt. It seems like he forgot to compliment this one.

"Yeah, yeah," Hori closed the locker and slumped his bag on his shoulder. "You did well, I guess." He finally turned to the taller girl and noticed her pink-tinted cheeks.

The male rose an eyebrow. "Are you alright?"

"I've been.. realizing things." The underclassman muttered.

Realizing things? What kind of things? Hori thought and furrowed his brows. "Hmm. Things?"

The gal rolled her eyes upwards and spoke, "Err.. you know, in Nozaki's manga? I've been rereading it and.. I've been thinking.."

"Come on, get to the point, Kashima."

"I think I've realized that I like you, senpai."

The words of Kashima rang through Hori's ears again and again, repeating as if his brain is processing it thoroughly. There was no reaction from him at first, but he managed to force out a laugh.

Kashima? Confessing to him? All she had done was pester him for not attending practices regularly. Although she began to rehearse with them more often now, he can't find any reason for her to like him more than a friend or as a senior.

Yeah, maybe she meant as a senior.

"As your senpai? I know, you've been very very affectionate towards me." He chuckled, almost stating everything as sarcasm.

"No, as in like-like!" Kashima said.

Now, Hori is beginning to be more confused.

"Like-like? Kashima, I have no idea why you're saying such things to me. This isn't a good joke, alright. This isn't like you." The brunet frowned.

Oh. Kashima realized. This isn't like you, Kashima. To think of it, this isn't really like her. She's supposed to be the one being confessed to, she's not supposed to confess. She's not like this. But ever since she had realized what she has been feeling towards her senior, she thinks she really did change. She realized why she wanted so much attention from him, and it wasn't because she wanted to be his best kouhai. She realized why she would bake pastries for him and go through researches just to make sure that he eats her masterpiece because she knows Hori doesn't like home-made things. She remembered why she enrolled to this school, and it was because of this guy standing in front of her. But she guessed realizing such things aren't Kashima-y at all.

"You're right." Kashima answered. She chuckled and scratched her rear head, acting like it was all just a prank. "I thought I'd make you believe, senpai! Man, I guess I need more practice in acting, huh?"

Hori blinked twice and gave her a small smile. "I.. I guess so. We're all learning."

The both of them proceeded to be silent, both trying to avoid each other's gazes.

"Uhh.."

"I should go now, see you tomorrow, senpai." Kashima said her farewell in a rather glum tone.

Hori still doesn't know what just happened between them.