Baby Project [Genderbent AU;Nozakura]

"Sakura, I want you to be the father of my child."

"Th-Th-The f-father of w-w-what?" Chiyo stuttered, face becoming ruddy drastically. He can't believe that his ultimate crush, Umeko Nozaki, just asked him something like that. "Nozaki-chan," He called, holding his heated cheeks, "We can't do that yet, we're not even toge-"

"I mean, for the baby project." Nozaki cut his sentence. "My class needs to take care of a baby for a day and then write a report about the experience. The teacher told us that we could pick our partners from the other classes, so I thought I'd ask you. But if you don't want to, it's fine."

"Oh." Chiyo had never been this embarrassed before. Of course, Umeko wouldn't ask him something related to real baby making. "I-I'm sorry about earlier.. But sure! I'm glad to help you out, Nozaki-chan!"

The taller lass gave a smile. "Thank you. For the baby.. I have a baby cousin. He's only a year old. Tomorrow is Saturday, right? I'll call you after I pick up my cousin. Alright?"

"Yosh!" Chiyo pumped his fisted hands excitedly. It's like playing husband and wife with Umeko. But in this case, they'll have to be somehow serious since her grade depends on this.

The next day, Chiyo Sakura eagerly went to his friend's apartment after receiving the call. He bought toys for the baby, hoping that he'd like it. Excitement filled the boy and it increased once he reached the place.

"Nozaki-chan, I'm here!" Opening the door, the ginger-haired lad entered the room. It was full of laughter, and he could hear it all the way from Nozaki's workplace, which made him beam. Following the giggles, Chiyo found the little boy along with his cousin who is playing with him. The girl turned around to find Chiyo.

"Ah, Sakura." She spoke, still smiling. Chiyo found it cute. "Here he is, our child for today. His name is Takashi," Umeko introduced as she tell the kid to wave. Takashi raised his small hand and waved at the ginger.

"Wah, he's so cute! Hello, Takashi! I'm gonna be papa for today, okay?" Happiness is evident in the male's visage. He couldn't believe that he actually gets to be Nozaki's husband even only for a day. He extended his arm in attempt to get Takashi from his 'mother,' and he succeeded. The boy gladly went to him.

"Papa?" Takashi uttered with his cute tiny voice. "Mhm!" Chiyo nodded. To be honest, Takashi looks like Nozaki in some way. They got the same hair color and eyes. It's like her real son.

"And that's mama!" He pointed at the female.

Wait, did he just call himself 'papa' and Nozaki as 'mama?'

Chiyo immediately became flustered over his own words. He hid his face from Nozaki by burying it onto Takashi's clothes. Fortunately, she didn't notice at all.

"By the way, Sakura. I haven't bought diapers for Takashi yet. I have the milk already, so we don't have to worry. Let's go out and buy diapers for him." Nozaki stated impassively, getting her wallet from the desk. Chiyo looked at the girl, face still florid.

They're gonna shop as a 'couple'. Today is a good day.

Chiyo carried Takashi all the way to the market. People looked at them with judging stares. Well, what would you feel about a couple in which the guy is smaller? That didn't bother Chiyo, though. The automatic door opened and both of them stepped in. They walked to the baby care department and it made Takashi excited.

A lot of toys were displayed in the section. It was colorful. Nozaki led them to the diaper racks. People are still looking.

"Nozaki-chan, are you really buying.. a lot? I mean, isn't he going to stay with us only for a day?" The ginger queried upon seeing the young woman get a large pack. It's superfluous. Umeko looked at the pack in her hand.