Chapter 21: The Explanation

Alice's P.O.V.

I woke up to arms around me and soreness radiating from my stomach. I groaned and carefully sat up.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm really sore."

I felt him sit up behind me.

"Where does it hurt the most?"

"My stomach."

I felt his hand trail over my stomach before laying it flat. The pain started to lessen and I looked in his direction in wonder.

"How did you do that?"

"Wolves have the ability to take the pain from others and transfer it onto ourselves."

"Derek! I don't want you to be in pain either!"

"I'm fine. I heal faster, remember? I'd rather feel it for a few seconds then think about you being in pain."

I sighed knowing he was right.

"Thank you."

I leaned back into him, soaking up a few minutes more of comfort, knowing we had to talk to my dad today.

"Are my Dad and Stiles up yet?"

"They're waiting downstairs. Your dad got breakfast for everyone."

"We should probably go downstairs then. Before my dad comes up and finds us."

"He came in last night after you went to sleep. We only talked for a minute."

"What did he want?"

"To know if you had talked about what happened yet. I told him you would in time. He knows we've known each other since before you started back at school."

"How'd he take it?"

"He's not happy, but he'll get over it for your sake."

I sighed and got out of bed.

"Let's get this over with then."

He came over to me and I grabbed onto his arm. My legs were feeling a little weak and I wanted him close for comfort. He took my hand and intertwined our fingers before helping me downstairs. We went into the kitchen and I could feel some tension in the air. It made me tense and lean into Derek more. He rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb.

"It's okay. You're safe here."

I nodded my head and let him lead me to a chair. Once I sat and he sat beside me I grabbed onto his hand again. He squeezed it and put our hands on my lap.

"Do you want some orange juice?"

"Okay."

A glass was sat infront of me and I reached out for it. I took some small sips before putting it down.

"What would you like for breakfast Alice? I got some different sandwiches and then just some eggs and bacon."

I looked in Dads direction.

"Just some eggs and bacon please."

I heard some shuffling and then a plate sat infront of me.

"There you go, honey."

"Thanks, Dad."

I ate some of the food, but my appetite wasn't fully there. I ended up finishing my orange juice and everyone seemed satisfied with that. I laid my head against Derek's arm and played with his fingers.

"So, care to explain to me just how you two know each other so well?"

I furrowed my brows. I didn't know how to explain it without getting Stiles in trouble. As if he could sense what I was thinking I heard his speak up.