Chapter 5: The Alpha

*I'm sorry about the late update. Life has been crazy and very upsetting. I'm also slammed with working every single day. I'll try and keep the updates on Sunday or somewhere very close to Sunday. I hope you enjoy this long update!*

I woke up feeling really sick.I as quickly as I could made it to my bathroom before I threw up.I sat there for a few minutes trying to calm my stomach before I pounded my hand against the wall of my bathroom that was connected to my dads room.A minute or two later my dad came in.

"What's wrong?"

"I feel really sick."

"Get back into bed and I'll go make you some hot tea."

"Thank you."

I brushed my teeth quickly before fumbling into bed again.A few minutes later my dad came in again.

"I'm gonna place it on your bedside table for it to cool down.Go ahead and relax I'm gonna call the school, Lydia, and then work."

"Dad you don't need to take off.I'm just going to sleep all day.If I need you I'll call I promise."

"You know I don't like leaving you alone."

"I know dad but one day you're not going to have a choice.I promise I'll be okay."

"Fine but call me if anything happens."

"I will."

I felt him kiss my forehead before leaving my room and shutting the door.I took a few sips of my tea before rolling over in bed and falling back to sleep.

I woke up a little out of it and feeling a bit better.I felt around for my phone and had it read out the time.It was around the end of the school day.I got out of bed and slowly made my way downstairs still not feeling great.I made it to the kitchen and felt around in the cabnets for the bread.Once I found it I put it in the toaster and looked around for the peanut butter.I spun around to go put it on the table when I heard a growl.I froze and dropped the peanut butter.

"H-Hello?"

I screamed when something ran into me knocking me over.I felt it's weight on top of me and felt its breath fanning over my face.

"P-Please."

"Derek Hale."

I screamed out again as I felt something scratch my arm.It jumped off of me and ran off to who knows where.I pulled myself up and into the corner craddling my arm while tears spilled out.

Derek's P.O.V

I was annoyed when I heard Scott's voice ring out around the house.

"Derek!Derek!Stay away from her!She doesn't know anything!"

I walked around the corner and jumped down the steps.I took his lacrosse stick and fiddled with the string.

"Yeah?What if she does?You think your little buddy Stiles can just google werewolves and now you got all the answers,is that it?You don't get it yet,Scott,but I'm looking out for you.Think about what could happen.You're out on the field.The aggression takes over.And you shift infront of everyone.Your mom,all your friend.And when they see you..."

I ripped the strings of his lacrosse stick and threw it at him.

"...everything falls apart."

"I heard you talking to Alice yesterday in the school.Stay away from her.She doesn't know anything."

"You're the one that needs to stay away from her.You guys have caused her enough trouble.Don't make scaring her for life be another thing you two do to her."