Chapter 9: Night Comforts

Alice's P.O.V.

I woke up to Derek shaking me lightly.

"Alice I gotta head out for a little bit. Scott is probably going to be stopping by my house soon."

"Okay."

"Do you want me to come back tonight?"

"You don't have to if you don't want to. I should be okay."

"I'll call later and see okay? Make sure someone is here with you."

"Okay. Thank you Der."

"Of course."

I felt him place a quick kiss on my head before the window opened and he slid out. I decided I should probably get up and do something other than sleep. I got up and went downstairs to find something light to eat. I grabbed some toast and some hot tea and went back upstairs. I listened to some music while I ate. Once I was done I cleaned everything up and decided to work on what homework I had received from morning classes. It didn't take me long and then I just found myself waiting for Derek to call so I could have some company. Hours passed and I found myself lost in thought multiple times about what had happened. It still didn't feel super real. I heard a small knock at the window and turned to face it.

"Der?"

"It's me. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I was just thinking."

He came over and laid down beside me.

"What about?"

"Just everything that's happened. It doesn't seem real sometimes."

"I'm sorry you got dragged into this."

"It's okay. I'd rather know then be in the dark."

"Scott knows about the alpha now."

"Did he not before?"

"No. He thought I bit him. He attacked me earlier trying to blame me for the bus drivers death."

"I'm sorry Der. He isn't the smartest."

"It's not your fault. He knows now and hopefully that's enough for him to stay away from Alison."

"Good luck with that. I can't see and even I know he follows her around like a love sick puppy."

I laughed a little at the stupid joke I made. I heard Derek chuckle as well. It made me happy to make him laugh. He seemed like he needed them. I started getting a little sleepy. I knew it was fairly late now. I turned over on my side to face Derek. I felt him shift a little.

"You should get some rest."

"Will you stay with me until I fall asleep?"

"I'll stay here until your dad gets home. That way I know you're safe."

"Thank you Der."

"Anything for you Alice."

I smiled a little and drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

*I'm sorry it's so short and kinda shitty! I promise I've been trying and I'm gonna do better. Especially since I'm out of work because of everything going on. I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think of Derek and Alice!*