Chapter 15: Alone Together

I woke up to a throbbing pain in my head.I groaned and reached up to feel where I hit it.

"Be careful."

I jumped when I heard Derek.

"Der? What happened?"

"The alpha.He stabbed me in the chest and threw you across the parking lot.I had just enough strength to grab you and get us out of there. You've been out for almost 12 hours now."

"What about Scott and Stiles?"

"They ran into the school when they saw the alpha."

I was shocked.

"They-They just left us out there?"

"I'm sorry Alice."

"I can't believe them."

"Try not to think about it too much right now.You hit your head pretty hard."

"Yeah, it hurts like a bitch.What about you? You said you were stabbed."

"I'm healing.Slowly."

"What can I do?"

I felt him grab my hand.

"Come here."

I slowly moved closer to him from my place on the floor.I sat beside him and squeezed his hand.

"Where are we?"

"Some old abandoned train station.It's the only place I knew they wouldn't find me."

"Find you?"

"You're brother and Scott told your dad that I was the one who killed those people."

"What the hell?!"

"Hey, it's okay. Calm down. We'll deal with it later. You may want to call someone to come get you."

"No. No way.I'm not leaving you here all alone."

"Alice-"

"No. Absolutely not. I'll call Danny and have him cover for me."

I heard him sigh.

"Fine."

I reached into my coat pocket and thankfully found my phone unharmed.I dialed his number and waited.

"Hey Ali. What's up?"

"Hey Dan. Do you think you could cover for me for a few days?"

"Yeah, sure. What's going on?"

"One of my friends got really hurt the other day and needs some help. I'm gonna be staying with them and I really don't want my dad to know."

"I've got you covered. School's closed the rest of the week by the way."

"Sounds great. You're the best."

"Call me if you need me."

"Okay."

I hung up and put my phone away.I looked in Derek's direction.

"What do we do now?"

"You need to rest. I don't know if you have a concussion or not."

"What will you do?"

"I'm gonna rest too.Lay back."

I slowly laid back until I was beside him.If felt like we were laying on old train seats.I moved closer until my head was on his shoulder.

"Thank you for saving me even when you were hurt."

He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer.