Part 7

Sniper Mask's P.O.V

"Yuka... why did you put the mask on in the first place?" Rin asked me.

"I didn't put this on myself. It was put on me!" I told her.

"That woman. No, there were two of them. I was just waiting to be killed off after being utterly defeated by them."

***Flashback***
"Aside from everything, I have to say, you're taste in fashion is impeccable." The pink-haired lady said to me.

"Wait... you are able to speak?" I asked.

"Yup! You see, my wavelength ended up being a complete match with that person's. So much so, that I was even able to speak again." She chuckled as she bent down to look at me.

"Tell me. Do you know how to do it? How to access the railgun system?"

"Just kill me already." I looked into the black holes of the mask where her eyes would be.

"Oh, it seems like you don't get it. But I won't be killing you, silly. In fact, I have a present for your stylish little self!" She then pulled out a mask. She was planning to put it on me.

"If you act now, this wonderful rifle will be yours too! I just know you're going to become a strong Mask."

"Do you really think I wanna become a puppet like you? I'd rather just die!" I spat.

"Angels have it so easy, though. The inconvenience of school and work, fear and anxiety, it will all go away." The big guy pulled my head up roughly.

"This is your salvation." She said as she forced the mask on my face. I screamed as I slowly felt myself lose control of my mind.

***End Flashback***

"That's awful." Rin told me with sad eyes.

"What a terrifying thing to go through." Kuon said as she wiped away her tears. That girl seems to always be crying.

"It's strange. I'm feeling scared but I can't quite nail down why. So the one closer to God who's controlling that mask... They want to know how to fire the railgun?" Rin questioned.

"So it seems." I told her as I took another puff from my cigarette.

"Then that means, there are people in this world who desire chaos." Kuon said before I got up from my seat.

"Come. Let's find the school girls." I told them.

Rin's P.O.V

We walked off a bridge and headed into another building. As I was walking and not really paying attention, Yuka stopped abruptly, making me bump into him hard.

"Oof!" I almost fell on my ass but Yuka grabbed my arm to keep me on my feet.

"Careful, Rin." He told me.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"I hear a voice. Someone's here." Yuka said. I looked at him confused. Kuon walked in front of us as she looked for the sound.

"Do you have a pear of big ass elf ears that I don't know about? I don't hear shit." I told him. He sighed and shook his head.