P:2 Ch:11

The Armored Titan began to run toward the sunset. Ymir had Historia in her mouth and Bertholdt had an unconscious Eren on his back. The Survey Corps were on pursuit. Jean noticed that Reiner was moving slow. Slow enough for the horses to catch up at full speed.

"I won't hesitate this time. I'll kill them without a thought. If Ymir feels like getting in the way. So much the worst for her. This ends here and now" Mikasa said. Her eyebrows were furrowed and there was a trail of blue light emanating from her eyes as she rode her horse.

Ymir then opened her mouth and pulled Historia out. She was drenched in saliva. Historia was unconscious since she was drowning in saliva. Historia then coughed and spat out all the saliva blocking her airways. Ymir held her and pulled herself out of the Titan.

"Historia. I'm sorry...about eating you. You're uh...You're probably pissed." Ymir said. Her coughing was parting her speech.

"Ymir. What is this? What is going? We came to rescue you and Eren-"

"Shut up! I don't need rescuing. Things have changed! I'm with Reiner and Bertholdt now. Whether you like it or not, you're coming with us. There's no future inside the walls." Ymir yelled at Historia which made her even more scared and confused than she was before.

"Just hear me out, okay? Believe me. Life outside the walls isn't as bad as you think." Ymir said.

The two began having a back and forth. They kept arguing until there silence almost as if they had  nothing else to say. Historia then broke their silence.

"Ymir, I'll always be by your side."

Ymir's eyes lit up. There was then another wave of silence this time, it was far more comforting.

"Ymir, there might have been a decent chance of outrunning them. Going back for Christa was your idea. You forced us. Remember that. We waited for what? Damn it, Ymir! What the hell did we do this for?! You can't have a change of heart! You want her to rot inside the walls?! Does that seem acceptable to you now!? Don't be a fool! Think!" Bertholdt said. He was sweating profusely.

"Ymir, put me down." Historia said but Ymir refused.

"I wish I could. I'm sorry, sweetie. I know you think I did this for you. But at the end of the day, I did it for me..."

"A long time ago, I stole the Titan power from one of their comrades. Not much I can do against them. Sooner or later, I'm screwed. But they said if I cooperate, hand you over, then...Maybe I got a shot at leniency. You're crucial to the church. You know the truth about the walls." Ymir said. Her voice was cracking under the pressure.

"Once this world started going to hell, I thought being with you would give me insurance in the future. The castle is the closest to death that I ever want to get. The whole experience traumatized me; it gave me perspective. If I have to play dirty to stay alive, then I'll play dirty. I'm pathetic. It doesn't make me the ideal friend. Like I said, I didn't do this for you. You deserve better, but there it is..."

Christa looked down. Her eyes were wide open, and she had a dark aura around her face.

"I need you. PLEASE SAVE ME, HISTORIA!" Ymir said trying her best not to cry. It was obvious that anything could send her over the edge.

"Well...Like I said, I'm here. I'll always be your ally." Historia said with a huge smile on her face and her blue orbs were shining as the sun shone on her.

Ymir looked down and began to cry.

*Time Skip*

Eren woke up. He opened his eyes ajar and the first thing he saw was Hannes trying to break the plates of armor on Reiner. The other Survey Corps members began to attack. One of the Scouts went straight for Bertholdt, but Ymir grabbed the maneuver gear's wire and threw the Scout to floor. There was then a streak of blue light and Ymir let out a scream. Ymir's was blinded as Mikasa slashed her eyes. Mikasa was soaring through the air and then set her sights on Bertholdt. He began to get frantic and ran begging Reiner to protect him. Mikasa chased him and was about to kill him. Reiner intercept by placing a hand over Bertholdt. Mikasa's blades shattered as she struck the plates of armor. There was a gap between Reiner's fingers and Mikasa stared at Bertholdt almost as if she was looking into his soul. Her metallic-grey eyes looked dull.