Chapter 10 "I Didn't Expect You?"

"what do you need, Kertia"

The new boy in the room continued to laugh under his breath whipping his tail around.

Phandrin made eye contact as the boy suddenly leaned towards him pressing his ears down.

"Who are you? I didn't know Kwared had friends," the boy snickered flipping his hair to the side. Phandrin noted the red and purple hues as well as the black and red shining eyes.

"Kertia Waltz?" Phandrin mumbled glancing at Kwared.

"The headmaster of Quadrant 4?" He continued as Kertia leaned back covering his mouth pouting dramatically.

"Awee, that ruins my whole introduction" he smiled near the end spreading his arms as his wings flapped beside him. The span wondered as the indents and missing places were visible but despite this the feathers still gleamed a dark black.

"Yeah, that's me, heard of me before huh? I'm like a God in this place," the boy sneered flickering his wings. His arms spread beside him as his grin grew, the canines on full display as the chains and hooks on his wings and ears shifted.

Kwared moved quickly catching a picture that almost fell as Kertia laughed apologizing.

"You never answered me, why are you here?" Kwared asked as Kertia shrugged.

"I just wanted to stop by with an old fellow friend yeah? Besidesss, you tolerate me," Kertia hummed leaning back as his wing frame supported his weight.

Phandrin smiled at the light hearted attitude the boy gave off before glancing at Kwared who's expression was calmer now.

"I never responded or said you could come in, for all you know I could've been changing or something," Kwared waved the boy off as Kertia shrugged.

"You usually use the bathroom for that, and it doesn't look way too useful now though," Kertia pointed at the bathroom door.

Phandrin glanced at it before looking at the base where a dark red flaking seemed to be.

"It's nothing to worry about Kertia, just some things to be thinking about," Kwared simplified as Kertia gave him a long glance.

"Goat-?"

"My name is Phandrin," Phandrin cut him off as Kertias eyes turned to slits for a moment.

"Doesn't your stay seem a bit over due? Do you mind if I talk to Kwared alone," Kertia hummed as Phandrin glanced at the boy of subject.

Kwared was looking back at him lazily awaiting an answer as his eyes seemed to shift getting foggy.

Kertia gave him another glance before tugging Phandrins sweater.

"You can come back later, it's important," Kertia gave him a close eyed smile before shoving him towards the door. Phandrin stumbled slightly grabbing the doorknob to steady himself.

"Chill Kertia, he's just a goat," Kwared snickered as Phandrin rolled his eyes smiling slightly.

"And you're just a fox," his own voice rang through the room as he took his leave.

Kwared leaned back looking out the window as Kertia stared at him a moment before walking into the bathroom. Kwared spotted him picking up some of the feathers before turning to Kwared again.

"So, you really just want a repeat... or did you really think this would work?"

--------------------------------------

Phandrin stepped out walking down the dormitories again to his own. He was hungry and tired now as he thought about the pills that Kwared had.  Surely they can't all be diagnosed, was Ace the one supplying them?

It was more than obvious seeing what Ace had told him in the hallway but it wasn't too surprising.

The dorms seemed to move on forever as Phandrin saw a familiar face once again seemingly exiting a door.

"Sorry! I tend to get forgetful when I'm happy," he heard Saiyan yell as Vitzor stood in the doorway.

Phandrin slowed when Saiyan saw him as he smiled.

Saiyan smiled back waving before Phandrin glanced at Vitzor. The cold glare would likely stick to him as he continued past hearing the creatures say their goodbyes.

He faced forward again feeling a ding in his pocket from an unnamed number.

Unknown: How's Kwared?

Unknown: it's Ace, I got the number from the school.

Phandrin made an o shape with his mouth typing a quick reply telling her that Kwared was fine and that Kertia showed up.

Ace left him on read for a bit before responding with a simple "ok".

The interaction confused him, he thought Kwared didn't have friends let alone people who care denough to have others check in.

Maybe it was a new thing? And what about Kertia? Does he just happen to be friends with the schools biggest trouble starter?

Kwared seemed alot more mellow toned as well and calm, his demeanor shifting when Kertia entered.

Phandrin recalled the boy, he was a black Wolf with natural purple and red hues which was what made him popular in his looks.

He wasn't new knowledge unless you lived under a rock, he was the campaign's best fighter likely matching up to Kwared if he ever competed.

His wings he noted, were torn from the base and all black meaning his soulmate was likely dead and people tried to pity him. Despite the pity Phandrin recalled the boy waving it off claiming it to be in the past and a freak accident.

The boy was still able to fly and move around quickly but he wasn't as fast as the others or as athletic when it came to flight.

The boy also had a long dark scar running over the center of his face that he drew X's on.

Overthinking the people around him came a habit to Phandrin which was exactly what he was doing now. He sighed opening his door and walking to the fridge to put away his food.

Maybe Kwared would tell him more another time.