Chapter 48: "I'll Say I Love You"

Phandrin waved his hands slightly.

"Kwared- I thought you'd left?" He said quickly as Kwared only glared at Ace.

"Never talk about Kertia or his soulmate, he didn't drop them and it's none of your business to say just because you're stuck up and angry at me," he hissed as Ace only glared.

"Wow, eavesdropping? That's kinda low," Ace mocked. Kwared felt his chest tighten, his nails digging into his palms at her vague statement. He moved and shoved her back into the metal door, Aces eyes widening in surprise as she coughed.

"You said something about Phandrin putting me into place so why don't I cut you don't to yours you fucking pest," he barked, his nails getting sharper. Phandrins eyes widened as he grabbed Kwareds arm.

"No we can't fight, Kwared I just wanted to talk," He urged as Kwared looked back at him.

"You want me to tolerate the the hell she just said about Kertia? About me? Enjoying rape what kind of fucking sicko," he turned quickly aiming to slash Ace who couldn't really move.
Phandrin yanked him back again, Kwared yelping when his tail was yanked as Phandrin glared.

"I'm not kidding Kwared, fighting got us into this and now you're being stubborn. Obviously she's blabbering like an idiot but you don't need to stoop as low as to attack her now," Phandrin evened grabbing his hand and pulling him back.

He felt Kwared relax slightly, the nails in the hand he held retreating as Phandrin now looked to Ace.

"Now he heard everything, and now we can actually talk," he finalized as Ace sighed rubbing her face.

"I already told Phandrin why I did what the fuck I did, and it was more an issue between me and him. I apologise for any incon-fuckin-venience that left you, but for one you don't have a right getting mad on Phandrins behalf," Kwared started quickly, his tail wrapping around Phandrins torso.

"He's my friend I had a right to be fucking worried," Ace said quickly as Kwared raised a brow.

"Exactly, worried, that doesn't mean you get so mad you leak my problems. My plan was for Phandrin, I admit I was wrong, and I apologised. I stopped forcing you to buy drugs ages ago, and Phandrin aided in that. And for the finality of you being mad at me, I never once told anyone your fucking secret," he finished, stepping towards ace threateningly.

Ace sputtered glaring at him, her tail dipping down.

"I had a right to be angry," she said sternly as Phandrin nodded.

"You did, but what you did at the game, and everything you just.. told.. me, wasn't any of your concern to say," he said quietly, Kwared pulling his hand away from Phandrin when the topic was brought up.

"Oh you mean the part where he runs fr-"

"Yes. That's none of your concern, or mine unless Kwared wanted to speak on it," Phandrin said flatly as Kwared pushed his ears back stepping back again.

Ace stayed quiet before glancing down.

"I still think you deserved it. But I can see how I was wrong.. I guess, but-" Phandrin cut her off.

"No buts, an apology is enough. Youre both wrong but you both apologised, and all three of us need to work on being friends again aight?" Phandrin said clapping his hands together with a forced but small smile.

"For starters, Kwared guess what," Phandrin turned to the fox who was looking at the door before looking at Phandrin.

"What-?"

"Aces soulmate is Holly, Metis has a human mother and had wing adaption," he said as Ace nodded slowly.

Kwared nodded furrowing his eyebrows.

"I didn't know soulmates could change," he said as Phandrin shook his head.

"They can't, but half human Quadrants can make someone develop wings with them, but when they meet their real soulmate, the half human loses their wings and the quadrants wings change colors," Phandrin said as Kwared nodded glancing to Ace.

"That's good to hear.. at least you figured out who it was," he tilted his head as Ace stayed quiet.

"Yeah whatever. Speaking of that I'm going to go talk to him, bye Phandrin," Ace said turning and pulling open the metal door.

"I'll talk to you later, Kwared," she said last second as the door shut.

Phandrin exhaled loudly as the door shut, turning around.

"I didn't think you were listening.." he said immedietly as Kwared stared at the wall again.

"It's fine. Nothing she said really affected me, I was just upset over Kertia, no worries," Kwared said waving him off as Phandrin glanced down.

"I meant about.. the running thing-" he said as Kwared tensed up.

"I didn't know what that was. She's assuming things just like she does with Kertia," Kwared retaliated as he glanced at Phandrin who was staring at his torso.

"There were bandages on your arms a few days ago.. that broke during the fight," he said as Kwared nodded.

"I got my arms cut up by Vitzor, when I blocked his scizors before," he said as Phandrin sighed nodding.

"We can talk about it some other time then.. why were you out here?" He asked looking at his face again.

"I was just sitting on the roof, I heard you guys come out and start arguing.. surprised nobody else did," Kwared snickered as Phandrin rolled his eyes.

"It wasn't supposed to be an argument," Phandrin said as Kwared shrugged.

"You're defensive," Phandrin said suddenly as Kwared furrowed his eyebrows.

"Whenever it gets tense your tail wraps around my torso," Phandrin smiled as Kwared paused.

"It has a mind of its own man," Kwared smiled at him as Phandrin ran a hand over his ears.

"Whatever you say love, but we should probably be back in class, but you're soaked," Phandrin said shaking his hand to rid the drops. Kwared narrowed his eyes as a grin appeared on his face.

"You're pretty smart, right?" He said as Phandrin looked at him confused.

"I don't know I have an okay average-" he said as Kwared pulled him out from under the overhand. Phandrin jumped when the pouring rain hit him, his uniform soaked along with his hair almost immediately.

"It's refreshing," Kwared grinned pulling him along the path.

"Were gonna skip for the rest of the day, I'm tired, and I am too lazy to continue being mean," he continued as Phandrin smiled behind him. He loved this Kwared, he seemed happy and carefree, and he wasn't on edge or angry.

"Alright.. but the only thing I'd that you're gonna be helping me with my work," Phandrin said smiling.

"You have the highest average in the class after all," he shrugged as Kwared glanced back at him with a confused smile.

"How did you know that?" He asked as they neared the trees.

"I might have gotten access to the grade reports, being one of the trusted students after all," he said as Kwared scoffed.

"Teachers pet," he snickered as Phandrin raised a brow.

"I feel like if I called you something like a nerd your tail would send me into the trees real quick," Phandrins remark made Kwared laugh, Phandrins smile growing.

Despite being absolutely drenched, Phandrin hadn't seen Kwared let loose this much, and Kwared felt so much more grounded than he ever had without drugs.