Chapter 3: How We Fell

"See you tomorrow?"

"Sure thing." Yeji waved her friend goodbye, and, now that she was at the foot of the car door, entered her brother's vehicle.

"Oooh~ Ryujin again, hmm?" Monday poked her big sister's cheek from the backseat, choosing to tease the latter just like a little sister would the instant she got in the car. "You've been spending a lot of time with her."

"You don't have to point that out, you know."

"Yes I do." Disregarding the side-eye she received, Monday continued to pry for details. "What do you two even do?"

"Study."

"Study what?"

"Lines."

"Lines? What the hell kind of class studies lines? Art?— SAN!"

"No swearing in my car. You're still a baby." He warned after slamming on the brakes, and being the oldest, she didn't hesitate to listen, even if she sent a glare in his direction, deeming that 'hell' didn't fall under the category of 'swear' words.

"Punish her, not me." Yeji complained, rubbing the back of her head softly, having no time to brace herself for the sudden brake check. "And it's not art, Monday. It's for a play."

"Oh, the one you were talking to dad about?"

"Yeah. That's the one." She sighed, grimacing at the term used to describe the man responsible for them three. "But I might pick a different role."

"Huh?" It seemed now that her brother's interest was piqued. "Haven't you been studying the same character for the past month? Why switch up now?"

"Ryujin wants to play Andie."

"So?"

"It's not like I care much about the role. I don't mind who I am, so long as I'm in the play. All parts are fun. Besides, I can see how much she wants it." She explained, but her reason didn't seem justifiable to her siblings who had a lack of knowledge on this Ryujin girl who was friends with their sister.

"Are you sure that's the reason— " Monday started, but she was quickly hushed by Yeji. Truth be told, nobody knew of Yeji's preferences in romantic interests except for Monday and Yeonjun. Luckily for her, because San was focused on safely navigating the road, he didn't think much into the interaction, knowing his sisters bickered from time to time. "Isn't it too late to switch?"

"Yeah, aren't auditions tomorrow?" The boy added in, and Yeji reckoned her siblings were right.

Still, her answer was vague, knowing well enough that her stepfather won't like her decision not one bit. "Maybe."

"Dad might get angry."

"I'm aware."

"Hey~ " Sensing the worried tone in her voice, Monday placed a hand on her sister's shoulder and peeked her head between the two front seats. "I'll talk to him with you, if you want."

"No, no." Yeji denied, not wanting to risk their old man getting upset with her too. "I can handle him."

"Well, if you won't let her, then I'll stand by to listen in, and you can't tell me no because I'm older."