Chapter 28: Bad News

ɴᴏᴛᴇ: ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴠɪᴇ's ғɪɴᴀʟ sᴄᴇɴᴇs ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ʀᴇᴠᴇᴀʟᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪʟᴍ's ᴘʀᴇᴍɪᴇʀᴇ

PING!

RIIIIIINNNNGGGG!

It's been two days since the director officially declared that production is complete. Surprisingly, nothing has gone wrong since then, and it troubles Yeji beyond compare. Was her stepfather's threat the empty kind? A bluff?

She's still at Ryujin's place, refuses to leave her side until she's certain she'll be fine on her own. As of now, it's early noon, and the aroma of a home-cooked meal engulfs her nostrils, prompts a few unconscious sniffs at the air. This isn't something she expects from her girlfriend every day. Actually, she'd like to switch it up and be the one to treat the other to a meal. However, she sure is grateful for the breakfast. Somehow, the food tastes even better when it's cooked by Ryujin.

RIIIIIIING—

PING! PING! PING!

"Babe, please answer you're phone!"

"That's your phone, isn't it???" Yeji shouts back due to the distance, then exits the bathroom and makes her way to the kitchen while brushing through the rest of her hair with her fingers. She was busy raiding the blonde's closet in search of an outfit while the latter insisted she'd whip up something for them to eat. "Mine sounds different."

"They sound exactly the same, what do you mean?" Ryujin laughs as she flips another pancake, feels a pair of arms slip around her waist. It's a comforting feeling she swears she'll never get tired of, and if cooking will often lead to the sudden backhug, she'll put on that damn apron every day.

PING! PING!

"Are you going to check it?"

"Mmm, you smell nice." Yeji ignores the question, snuggles her head against the crook of the younger's neck, a behavior easily done thanks to her slightly taller height. "Or maybe that's the food."

"I'll take either as a compliment." Ryujin can feel the grin against her neck, the woman's breath tickling her skin, which incites another chuckle.

The clinginess reminds her of the other night. There were a ton of snacks leftover from the night Yeji walked out on Ryujin after their argument (we don't talk about it), and the couple decided to make use of it. They spent the entire time talking about nonsense, watched a horror movie together out back on the patio, apologized to their neighbor around midnight for Yeji screaming too loud when she got scared. Afterward, Ryujin found herself pouting because her girlfriend dropped all of the popcorn when she practically screeched in her ear, and then they found themselves cleaning up the mess, moving their little date inside since it was getting late.

"Ryujin?"

"Hm?"

"Are you okay?" Yeji asks, unsure if she's overthinking or not. She can't exactly be inside Ryujin's head, therefore she can't confirm if she's noticed anything or if she's merely paranoid. She hasn't seen Ryujin as happy as she is right now—at least, not in the past week she hasn't. It's hard to determine if this enjoyment is reassuring or temporary.

"Yes." The blonde tilts her head, purses her lips. Unknowingly to the girl standing a few feet away, she's been thankful for their night thus far, and she feels much better than she previously did. "Why do you ask?"