Chapter 26: Kiss Scene (Part 2)

The script specifically calls for Yeonjun to kiss Yeji, or more accurately put, Daniel to kiss Lucy. Yeonjun hates it just as much as his best friend, and it made his stomach queasy to see the obligation there even after the script was edited. It's not meant to mirror Joanne and Lucy's scripted kiss, nor what Yeji and Ryujin made the intimate interaction to be. It's supposed to be quick, something that catches Lucy off guard, but every time they get through the scene and find their faces that close, one or the other backs away out of disgust, which results in a fit of nervous laughter.

The best friends have gone through this about eight times now. They just can't seem to make it happen. They view each other as siblings, so it's no surprise the thought of a kiss grosses them out.

The ninth time this is filmed, Yeonjun finally musters the courage to follow through. The director appears to be concealing his frustration, and he doesn't want to give the man any underserved trouble. He's been very generous, kind, and understanding all throughout the production process to each and every one of his stars. So have the staff, who always looked after their needs and performed their tasks to the best of their ability. He doesn't want to keep anyone there stuck around while they continuously screw up. Thus, Yeonjun goes in for the kiss as scripted... and it would've caught Yeji "off guard" like it was supposed to had she not caught sight of a particular Shin arriving.

Her sights naturally fixed on the blonde who came, as promised, to sit by and observe, to watch them film. Yeji didn't remember that today's schedule called for this kiss when she asked Ryujin to drop by earlier this morning, not that she would change her mind even if she did due to recent events. She wants Ryujin close by to keep an eye on her, afraid of not being there to help during a mental breakdown like the other night. She hardly has any information regarding what it was.

Then again... it's not like she wants the latter to see her KISS anyone else!

Yeji could just imagine what it might be like if roles were reversed, if she had to watch Ryujin kiss Yeonjun, or quite literally anyone for that matter. It leaves her anxious, induces an uncomfortable feeling in her gut, her stomach twisting in knots, and the jealousy that surges through her at the thought makes her jaw clench tensely.

"Sir?" Yeji walks up to the director after their most recent and failed attempt to film the scene. No idea pertaining to how she can escape the obligation has graced her troubled mind, but she does want to make something clear on the chance that Ryujin feels the way her thoughts make herself feel. "Can we take ten?"

"Alright." The man sighs. He's trying to be understanding, and because the actress approached him with a grim expression, he gestures toward the necessary staff members to signal the break. "Ten minutes and then we film."

"Thank you. I promise we'll get it this take."

"Tenth time's the charm, I guess." Her director shrugs with a tired smile, then proceeds to talk with the scriptwriter. Yeji feels a bit bad about asking, but she's grateful. Without hesitation, she steps over to the blonde standing several feet away. Yeonjun stays out of it because he can sense the urgency in his best friend's footsteps, supposes something really went wrong, and he's curious as to what that something is.

"Ryujin, you're here. I'm glad." The redhead's fingers graze Ryujin's before interlacing them. Judging by her face, the younger woman seems to be feeling a little bit better than she has recently. It makes Yeji smile, happy to see that her sincere touch incited a curve on the latter's lips. "Did you get what you needed?"

Ryujin, almost forgetting that she told the little fib, nods quickly. "Y- yeah. It took a while, and then Rosie sort of made a surprise visit."

"Oh, really? How'd that go? Wasn't it kind of early?"