ventidos

"Hey, they're back." Beth said rushing into  my cell. I was changing Judith's diaper.

"What?"

"Rick and the others." She said running out with Gracie. I picked up Judith and headed out as well. I seen everyone hugging each other, happy to be reunited and to have Glenn and Maggie back. I walked up to Charlie and hugged him with my free arm. He hugged me back.

"I'm glad you're okay."

"I told you I would be."

"Doesn't make me worry less."

"Well you worry too much. It's not good for you so cut it out." He said while playfully pointing a finger at me. I chuckled pushing his hand out the way.

"I'm gonna get cleaned up, eat and hit the sack." I nodded watching him walk inside. I looked around and made my way over to Glenn and Maggie. I smiled softly and hugged them both.

"I'm glad you two are okay. Did we lose anyone?"

"Oscar got shot down." Maggie shook her head.

"Merle was there this whole time. He helped us get out, but Daryl left with him." Glenn said looking pissed. I frowned.

"He just... left?" Glenn nodded walking inside. Maggie patted my shoulder following. I walked over to Carl, Rick and Hershel who were talking. Rick smiled seeing Judith.

"How is she?" Rick asked me. Hershel and Beth left to go back inside, taking Judith with them.

"She's healthy. Eats like a horse, sleeps like a rock."

"Thank you for taking care of her. Watching over Carl."

"You don't have to thank me Rick." I said softly.

"No I do. I know it's a lot to ask of you. After your loss-"

"You came back around and led everyone after yours. If you can do that, then I can do this I can be here." He studied me for a while.

"Have you been sleeping okay?" He asked.

"The bags under my eyes that obvious huh?"

"A little." He smiled softly. I looked down at my hands.

"I try to sleep but I just...see him. Like he's right there with me. But I know he's not and that just makes it worse."

"Yeah I know what you mean." I looked up at him.

"I'm sorry. How are you feeling?" He took in a breath and started walking with me beside him.

"I'm just glad we got Glenn and Maggie back safe." I nodded.

"Me too. Oh I don't know if Carl and Hershel told you about the new people who stumbled into the prison. Consider giving them a chance Rick. They seem like good people. I know it's hard to determine now a days but, they've been out there surviving for months. All they want is a safe place to call a home. Just like we did." He nodded.

"I will keep all that in mind when I meet them." I nodded softly.

"So Daryl? He's really gone?"

"Looks that way. It's his brother. I get it." He shrugged.

"Well maybe he'll be back."

"Maybe." Rick opened the door for me as we went inside with the others. He walked right passed the new group and into our cell block. Carl closed and locked the gate behind us.

"Where's Judith?" He asked. I looked to see her in the bassinet. I walked over and picked her up before walking back over to him. I smiled handing her to him. Once in his arms, Judith started to fuss. The look on my face told me he couldn't handle it.