chapter three

'ask me for my number, yeah, you put me on the spot'

the next day was the pep rally, which meant she wore her uniform all day, but at least she didn't have to go to any classes.

they spent the whole day practising their routines and tricks.

dove felt a lot happier around her friends.

when the time came, the gym filled with students.

they all began cheering and the girls started doing jumps and kicks to build the excitement and to help them get into the pep rally mindset.

the team then all did some individual tumbling and kicks to rally the crowd.

thankfully, on dove's turn she did it perfectly, letting out a few cheers at the end before joining the team again.

"alright!" principal shelly cheered. "love that. those girls got moxie." she said, making the crowd cheer. "in fact, this entire school's got moxie, am i right?"

"let me hear it!" she cheered, earning more shouts and whistles from the crowd.

"all right, let's save some of that energy to welcome your team captain, mitchell wilson and the rockport pirates."

the team came running out from an inflatable helmet and everybody cheered loudly for them.

mitchell went over to dove and started teasingly trying to take her pom poms.

he gave her a quick kiss before running off.

she wasn't so happy anymore.

she quickly wiped her lips and got back to cheering.

mitchell shook hands with principal shelly.

suddenly, everybody's phones started buzzing.

"what's up, guys? so i was up, like, all night last night thinking of some words that represent this year.." bradley started talking, but everybody was distracting by their phones.

dove looked around and saw a few people staring at her with looks of amusement.

"thank you, bradley. that was so amazing. thank you!" jason lied.

everybody was murmuring and more people started looking at the girls on the cheer team, especially emma and dove.

dove watched a lucy got up from her seat in horror and marched over to principal shelly, showing her something on a phone.

the cheer team started cheering again. led mostly by emma.

dove was lifted up by two other girls and now cheering from the air as she tried to keep focused.

one of the football boys ran past kiera and slapped her ass, while vivian snuck out the side door.

dove felt sick to her stomach by the time the pep rally was over.

she ran as fast as she could, along side emma, to the changing rooms and they opened their phones.

"it's the list." dove said, anxiously.