chapter six

'take a hint, take a hint'

on the thursday, dove arrived at school in her tank top, with a bag of her cheer uniform in hand and a huge smile.

"vivian this is so exciting!" she cheered, running up to the girl.

"oh my. wow!" vivian gasped, looking at dove's tank top. "that's incredible."

they approached claudia, who was wearing a hoodie.

"oh right. you guys are doing that whole thing today." she feigned shock.

"you didn't do it." vivian frowned.

"hey! you look so good!" lucy called out, running over to them and hugging them both.

"dove that is one hell of a tank top!" seth smiled, walking past them. "see, i wore one too!"

she blushed a little.

"see? i told you hands would love it!" lucy laughed.

"who's hands?" claudia asked.

"uh, it'd take too long to explain. i gotta go to class." vivian replied.

they went to their english class and dove got stuck sat between seth and mitchell.

"oh no." mr davies said shocked, when he saw a class full of girls in tank tops.

mitchell raised his hand. "mike, if i may?"

mr davies nodded.

"i just wanna say that if this is what feminism is, then i really support it. i mean, no complaints from me or jay, right? no complaints from the football team at all." mitchell smirked, eyeing dove.

"i also have no complaints." mr davies said, then second guessed himself. "not no complaints. i have no comment, because this seems like a women's issue, and i'm going to respectfully just stay out of it."

"hey dove." mitchell whispered to her, leaning across the gap between their desks. "i bet you'll win best rack next year if you keep dressing like that." he smirked.

"seriously?" kaitlynn questioned mr davies, while dove's face turned red.

"gosh, that's so convenient for you. you get to say this is a women's issue, so you don't ever actually have to do anything. right." kaitlynn argued.

"mhm, that's fair." mr davies agreed. "uh.. i could do more. i.. noticing someone filming right now and i'm going to humbly ask maybe that you just.. you turn the phone off, because uh, not cause i'm hiding anything! because..  do you understand i'm in a tight spot?"

"you know you don't understand? this dress code thing may seem like whatever to you. it may seem like whatever to all of you, but i'd say it's another way to control women. and if you're doing nothing, you're part of the problem."kaitlynn ranged. "so, where do you stand with these tank tops, huh?"

"where am i going to stand? i obviously am going to stand on the side of equality and freedom for all and diversity and to come together as both sides, the male and the female, the alpha and the omega, guy and gal.i have to go to the bathroom so bad. hold on. i'm gonna check on one thing, but you guys got it." he rambled, then left.