chapter nine

'you asked me what my sign is and i told you it was stop'

dove got changed into her cheer uniform at home, then seth picked her up so they could go to the game together.

"do you think kiera will win?" seth asked her, as they got closer to the school.

"honestly?" dove began. "i'm not sure. obviously she deserves to win, but things aren't always fair."

"i hope she wins." seth smiled.

"me too." she replied.

they arrived at the school, then went to the bleachers together.

"i'm gonna go talk to the girls quickly!" dove smiled, giving him a hug before running to her friends.

seth stood still for a moment, with a cheesy grin on his face, before he headed towards the bottom of the bleachers to find a seat.

"dove, was that hands i saw with you?" lucy asked, excitedly, while the other girls did the same.

dove shrugged, but her smile gave it away.

"boyfriend?" amaya asked.

"yeah." dove smiled.

lucy stood up and hugged her.

"i have to go for now, but i'll see you soon!" dove laughed, before running down to the changing rooms and dumping her bag in there.

she then ran out to join the cheer team.

"hi dove!" emma greeted her, with a hug. "you are glowing, what's changed?"

"i may have some news." dove grinned.

"spill. now." emma replied.

"i have a boyfriend." dove gushed, with a huge smile.

"oh my god." emma smiled, pulling dove into another hug. "who?"

"seth." dove replied.

"i'm so happy for you." emma said.

the game was as uneventful as ever, but dove got through it with the excitement (and nerves) for the scholarship announcement.

"and now, will the nominees for student athlete ambassador please step up." principal shelly said.

"woo! go kiera!" amaya yelled from the bleachers.

most of the students cheered for her.

"and congratulations to mitchell wilson." shelly said, after having opened the envelope in her hands.

mitchell celebrated with his team.

some of the cheerleaders went to cheer for him, but emma stopped them.

"mitchell will represent rockport's commitment to character and leadership at the upcoming state caucus." shelly continued.