Chapter 12: "because im in love with her"

( third person/ no ones POV)

"Tell me what Addison" Derek repeated with an impatience in his voice.

Addison took a deep breath. She knew shed have to tell him eventually, she just hadn't decided which thing to tell him.

"So you know yesterday morning when i left the hospital" she gulped and patted the space next to her gesturing him to come nearer to make it less awkward.

"Yeah" he replied.

"Well i was... i was on my way to buy a pregnancy test" Addison croaked. Her eyes drifted to the embroidery of her blanket trying to avoid eye contact with her husband.

"What!" That was all he could muster. His face turned pale as he began breathing heavier. "Oh my god" His lips curved a slight smile as he reached his hand out to her stomach.
Suddenly a rush of fear consumed the red head and she pulled away scrunching up into a ball.
"Im not ready to accept it yet" she explained coldly. " I'm going to keep it but i need a minute, yesterday was so chaotic and it's not like we're in the best situation"

Derek stared at his wife with accepting eyes. He pulled his hand away and clasped it into hers for support. She accepted it hesitantly but she accepted it all the same. It had been strange for her. She knew they were struggling even before Meredith came into the picture but her being here, her being all Addison thought about made it difficult. Much more difficult.

"So have you thought about what this means for us" Derek asked glancing down at his watch secretly.
"No, not really but if you're in then I cant live in that trailer anymore"
"What do you mean I" Derek inquired giving her a glare.
"We" she coughed "i meant we"
"I guess we should look for a house then" he proposed.
Addison knew Derek loved his trailer. The outside was his favourite place. Fishing, hiking, camping it was just Derek. She knew that if it came down to it he would be very hesitant to sell the trailer but she brushed it off trying to seem as happy as he seemed.

"Wow i cant believe we're doing this. I know we never found it right to have kids but I'm actually really excited." He exclaimed. His eyes were fixed on hers now and the glances at his watch had stopped.
'God he really means that" Addison thought.

Even tho the news of the baby had surprisingly excited him both he and Addison only really wanted one person to raise a baby with.

Meredith.

***
A few days past and Addison had finally been released from hospital and given the all clear. Meredith arrived the morning of her discharge day ready to take her back home. To the trailer.

"Hey" Meredith said opening the door and walking over to her lover.

"Hi" Addison replied with a smile.
She pulled the curtain across so that her and the intern were shielded and then she turned around from her bag and pulled Meredith in close to her chest.

"I've missed you" She whispered stroking the side of Merediths tired face with her finger.
Meredith had missed the feeling of Addisons touch so the sensation of Addisons finger on her cheek, despite how subtle it was drove Meredith crazy.

"I'm glad you're all healed because now i can throw you against a wall and it wont hurt" Meredith smirked sliding her hands down to Addisons bum.

"The scar might not hurt but a wall to the back might. And thats even better darling" Addison teased. She knew all to well that Meredith was screaming internally and Addison revelled in it.

"I swear to God Addie, you know what I'm taking you back to mine right now" Meredith commanded lifting up Addies bag and placing it onto her small shoulder. Compared to Merediths weight the bag felt like a ton of bricks but she pretended to be strong to impress the girl beside her.