Chapter 16: New York New York

AUTHORS NOTE-
{hi me again. SO IM BACK. I took a long break because honestly i didn't want to write anymore. I had no ideas and got quite bored and tired easily. Ive been motivated recently tho and I'm officially back with story writing. Im also writing a new fan fic so stay tuned. Thank-you for all the love and anyways enjoy}

(Flashback) New york -2004

Addisons POV:

"Derek hurry up I'm late for work!" I yelled from the door of our new York apartment.

"Ok I'm here" He huffed jingling the keys to our door in his pocket. His face was smooth from a fresh shave that morning and his eyes were wider than usual.

"You seem in a rather good mood today" i inquired scanning his body language.

"Motivation to impress i suppose" he smirked handing me my brown fur coat. We laughed casually on our way out the door. I had an early morning surgery with a breech mother and Derek had some last minute aneurisms to clip.

***
(16 hours later)

Dereks POV:
I was exhausted. 16 hours of surgery after a full shift yesterday. New York general hospital was busy but the cases today were ridiculous. One guy had a fork stuck in his head, one young woman wandered in randomly and then seized on the floor, and a young girls brain began to bleed after her scans were clear.
I pulled out my cell phone to text Addie and catch up on the busy day.

|————————————|
Me
-Hey you at home?

Addie
...

Me
-Addie?

|———————————-|

She didn't answer which was unlike Addie.
I decided to head home and catch up on some well deserved sleep as I figured she was in surgery and would ring me when she was done.

My feet throbbed as I approached the elegant door of our apartment. My key twisted gently making sure i made no noise incase she had come home and already gone to bed.

Strangely i heard a noise coming from behind our bedroom door and i could feel my muscles-tensing at the curiosity. My hand reached forward and i quickly pushed our bedroom door back to reveal a horrific sight.

My breath quickened a d my body flooded with rage. Surprisingly tho i was able to stash it back and be calmer than they BOTH expected.

"MARK!" I yelled walking into the room.

My best friend since practically birth had his naked body on-top of my wife. The were covered by a duvet but their guilty faces were perfectly in view.

I don't think I've ever been that angry before. Before that day I'd never known pure rage and betrayal. I couldn't understand it. I couldn't understand her.

"Addie how..." i stopped.

My feet spun and i found myself pacing the opposite direction from them both. I was like a robot. Mindlessly moving towards the front door.

"Derek Wait!" Mark called whilst struggling to pull his denim jeans over his legs.

All i could muster was a simple sentence.

"I want you both gone before i get back" and that was it i had slammed the door and left.

However an hour later i made the decision to come back. I was angry now. My feet stormed up the stairs as i thrust the door wide open.
As I expected Addie was still here . Her body sat perched on a step with her head in her hands. Mind took control and before i knew it i had hold of her wrist. She cried in shock as i dragged her to the door.

Rain seeped down the window panes mocking her emotions perfectly. I didn't care tho.

"Derek Please!" She sobbed, mascara running down her cheeks. " it was an honest mistake it didn't mean anything"

I refused to listen.

I was stronger than her and so i used that advantage. She fought me back but her pathetic frame couldn't overpower me.
I shoved her through the door along with her clothes and left them to soak in the rain. Alone.

(Seattle) -2006

No ones POV/ 3rd person:

"Derek" Meredith quaked wrapping her thin arms around herself.

"what" Addison could barely speak. A tear crept into her eye and slid itself down her face. She'd tried to hide it but the pain was too powerful. The love of her life, the only person she belonged with, the woman who she wanted to spend the rest of her life with, had been hurt by the only other person she'd truly trusted.

That trust had been shattered. Obliterated.

"It isn't bad he just got a little annoyed that i left him thats all" Meredith quivered. Addison could hear the lies choking in the back of her throat.

"Darling... you can tell me the truth. I will protect you" She spoke softly. Her body edging slowly closer to Meredith's to comfort her without making her feel claustrophobic.

"He really scared me Addie" Meredith sobbed allowing Addison to scoop her up in her warm vanilla embrace. "I didn't know what to do, i tried to get away but he kept coming, yelling at me for ruining his life, going on about the pregnancy, is it my fault" Meredith croaked.

"No of course not. I love you so much, more than i ever loved mark or Derek, so much more it's indescribable. I will never let anyone touch you ever again. This is our baby not his. Well fight this ok, you and me" She smiled hugging Meredith tightly.

It may seem sappy but thats all Meredith needed. Someone to be overprotective, someone to comfort her and reassure her that she was a good person. Not the dark and twisted wreck she believed she was.

"You're really cute when you're pissed off" Meredith sniffled.

"Don't tempt me" Addison giggled, wrapping her arm gently around Merediths waist before kissing her lips gently.

"Tomorrow I'm going to the police." Addie said under her breath, the small blonde intern in her lap.

(I hope you enjoy and like i said im back) <3333