ADHD Meds- Wanda

Y/N and Wanda we're sitting in the meeting room with the rest of the avengers prior to a mission.

Y/N knew it was important to listen to what the SHIELD agent had to say but they couldn't. Why you ask? Well Y/n hasn't taken their adhd meds, this was causing them to fiddle with the pen in front of them and when they were bored of messing with the pen they turned and looked at Wanda. Wanda knew what the look on y/n's face was. She took her hair out of the ponytail and allowed y/n to fiddle with the hair as long as they paid attention. 

Y/n tried to listen to the mission briefing but they were just too distracted. Concentrating without their meds always proved difficult, but especially now that it was boring mission brief they were supposed to be listening to.

"Agent y/l/n?" a voice snapped them away from their thoughts. "Yes, sir?" y/n replied. "Did you just hear a word I said?" the SHIELD agent asked. "Yes..." they replied, comprehensively.

Wanda discreetly slid them the notes she was taking and y/n began to 'recall what they had heard.'

Y/n realised they messed up whilst reading the notes which caused the SHIELD agent to give Y/n the side eye. They hung their head down in shame as Wanda turned and looked at them. Wanda felt bad for Y/n and offered to help them. 

Time skip:

The mission had ended but it wasn't successful and and it ended in Clint getting injured, y/n felt guilty. They felt as though Clint being injured was their fault! They hated themselves for it, they let their ADHD get the better of them in the middle of an important meeting for a life or death mission

Clint's injuries were quite severe, he was struck with a penetrating wound to the chest, it looked as though it was caused by a 2mm bullet which could have possibly came out of a kolibri pistol. The avengers quickly rushed Clint to medbay where the doctors looked over his wound to see how deep it had penetrated the chest. One doctor came back saying that it had gone pretty deep and that Clint doesn't have long left! This caused y/n to fill with guilt and started to panic saying it was all their fault.

Wanda tried to talk y/n out of it saying it wasn't their fault and that it would have happened anyways regardless of if y/n was paying attention in the meeting or not. During this time Natasha came out to tell Wanda and y/n the bad news and that Clint had passed away and that there was nothing the doctors could do to help him.

Y/n fell to the floor grief-struck, they turned around to look at Natasha and apologised for not paying more attention in the mission meeting.

Natasha quickly told Y/n that it wasn't their fault and that they shouldn't blame themselves, she was fully aware of how they were feeling. Wanda took y/n into her arms and whispered into her ear asking if they had taken their meds that morning. Y/n looked at her with their tear filled eyes and answered with a quiet no, as this was said y/n felt another tear roll down their cheek.

Time skip: 

A few hours later Wanda asked y/n why they hadn't taken their meds and explained to Wanda that they went to the pharmacy before the mission briefing to try and get some but they were told by the pharmacist that they would have none for the next 5 days.

This made Wanda roll her eyes and y/n said "in sickness and in health remember"

A/N: This is my first chapter of my new book! Please let me know what you think :)
Co-written by scarletwanda_

- Sam