I really do love them - Natasha

Things don't always do as planned and by now Y/N was more than aware of this. They've had their fair share of things going wrong. Mission after mission, if it wasn't themselves ,it was Natasha.

Today was going to be different, it wasn't allowed to go wrong, not today, not ever, but especially not today.

~~~~ Time skip ~~~~

"Uno" Y/N yelled.

"What? Not fair, not again. You have to be chea..." Tony said throwing his cards onto the floor.

"That's why you don't use all of your +4 cards at the same time, let it travel round to every player then add another, not all of them at the same time, maybe then you wouldn't have had to pick up 28 cards and for your information Mr Stank i never cheat, you just suck at this game." Y/N interrupted.

Wanda just giggled, no other words were to be spoken, she didn't expect Y/N to just silence Tony like that.

"Is stark loosing?" Natasha asked, pretending to be shocked.

"Shut it Romanoff" Tony added.

Y/N just looked at him, glaring deep into his soul.

"Okay. Okay I take it back, stop glaring at me, if looks could kill." Tony muttered.

"Hmm, if only." Y/N whispered, which earned them a giggle off Wanda and a slap on the arm off Nat.

Tony and Wanda eventually got to take their turn. All that was left to do was for Y/N to place the winning card down, which they did so in a typical fashion for them, slower and slower as the card was getting to the pile just to embrace the pain on Stark's face as he realised he lost yet another game.

"That's it. I'm never playing uno with you again Y/N" Tony said strolling out of the door as fast as he possibly could without seeming like a sore loser.

"I'll leave you two love birds to your afternoon" Wanda said following not far behind Tony.

With all of the uno dramatics being swept aside, Y/N jumped out of their seat and ran to Nat, embracing her as if it was the last ever time.

"You don't need to hold me so tight my love, I promised you that I'd be back and I am, all in one piece, unscathed." Natasha said allowing herself to appreciate the embrace.

"I know you did tesoro mio, but I just missed you. Plus you also made it back intime to catch up on last week's Station 19 " Y/N added.

"You mean to tell me that you waited? Was the anticipation killing you? I bet it was." Natasha added jokingly whilst looking up to realise they've already made their way to the couch.

"Ha ha very funny, now come here so we can watch it because the anticipation is literally killing me now that you mention it so get a move on." Y/N said lovingly whilst releasing a little giggle.

Natasha made her way over to the couch adding a few slow footsteps into her movements just to wind them up. Finally reaching the couch Natasha sat down and was very quickly joined by a relaxed Y/N laying on her chest.

At the end of the episode, Nat looked down to see a sleeping Y/N, such a peaceful human being when they're asleep.

To Natasha, this was one of the most precious things that she's ever had the chance to witness, she loves it when Y/N fell asleep on her, it's a thing of trust and she's glad that someone has enough trust in her to do that and that someone feels safe enough to let their guard down around her. Although this isn't just anyone, not to Nat at least.

This is Natasha's person, the one she could spent countless hours with doing something she maybe wasn't so fond of or doing nothing at all, the one who makes her laugh with cheesy dad jokes when she's about to cry, the person who never fails to cheer her up when necessary, they can be annoying at times to everyone else bar Natasha. Everything they've faced together and Natasha has always been able fo love them more everyday than she thought was even possible.

"Omg I really do love them, I absolutely adore them." Natasha whispering to herself trying to avoid waking up her sleeping partner.

Grabbing the throw off of the back of the couch Nat gentle placed it over the two of them placing the spare arm around the still sound asleep Y/N. Natasha slowly closed her eyes letting herself feel at ease knowing that Y/N was sleeping besides her.