Chapter 6: Moving On

Just as nature has already made it days pass and fell into weeks and weeks ran and stumble into months. That's nature.
It has been three months now and a week since Patrick left Michelle she has recovered back.

Back to the formal Michelle. She has finished her exams and her life had returned to normal to its routine, waking up 7at  pm every morning preparing and going for lectures by 9 am and probably coming back by 2 to 3 pm eating and sleeping for 2 hours then exercising for 30mins. Eat, read and then sleep .what a carefree life.

The morning is Saturday no need to rush the day since she doesn't have lectures on Saturdays and Sundays. So she was still sleeping before she was woken by her phone's ringtone. She stretched to pick it up without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello" came her sleepy dull voice.

"Hello Michelle, how are you? Hope I didn't disturb you". Came a familiar voice from the other end.

"I'm fine, is this doctor Japhet?". She asked waiting impatiently for the reply

"Yh it's me. You seem to be waking up just now". He said

"Yeah, you disrupted my sweet sleep". She replied with a babyish voice.

"Oh so sorry dear, uhm Mich would you mind if I take you out for lunch this afternoon?"... No response

"Hello, are you there?". He asked in a worried tone.

"Oh yes I am, I won't mind. What time, please?. She replied as if she just come out from her thought to reality.

Going out with men is not what she's supposed to do to avoid another mistake. But she just agreed just so she won't disappoint him. And two she has nothing for doctor Japhet.

14:00 will be okay for me, and you?"

"Sure it will, it's not like I have something reasonable to do. See ya". She replied brightening up a bit from the sleep.

"I'll come to pick you up, take care".

"You too". The line went dead.

She stood up from the bee, went to the bathroom brushed then came out. "Anna". She called but no reply.

"Anna!". No response again. "Where has she gone to this morning?". She thought to herself.

Anna is Michelle's new roommate. They met each early last month and she had pleaded with Michelle to stay with her without them sharing the rent. Michelle's family is wealthy.

So she accepted to help her after Anna told her her whole story of how her parents died at an early age and she has been schooling under scholarship.

A few minutes later, Anna came back.
"Hey girl what's up, you're awake already?" She asked smiling as she drops her book and Bible on the study desk.

"Yeah where did you go to, you nearly chased the hell out of me. You don't know how worried I am". She said in a teasing way.

"Hahaha! Mich you're always in fear, not everyone likes playing with your feeling so relax. Am good. Anyways I went to church and from there to the library to get that book". She said pointing at the book on the desk while moving towards the dresser.

Michelle sighed in relaxation. "Well Anna is going somewhere today by 14:00"... No response then she added, "but I'll be back before evening". She shrugged.

Anna who is now undressing stopped and looked at her then continued "hmm ok o, I wonder where you're going today". She said in a whisper and went to the bathroom.

Anna seems to be a very good friend, so it didn't take Michelle long to trust her and tell her about her past.

Since then Anna has been proving trustworthy and caring. She's Michelle's only friend both in school and at home.

Later in the day, doctor Japhet came and picked Michelle up as he said. They had a good time together, chatting and laughing. What a happy couple they can make.

****   ****  ****  ****  ****  ****  ****

It's been up to six months now since Michelle and doctor Japhet last saw or spoke to each other. It seems like she has fully moved on with her life forgetting about the past.

"Hey Anna, what's up?". Mich asked Anna who was sitting at the study desk as she enters the room.

"Am good, you?". She asked not looking up. "Am super cool and happy as you can see". She said dropping her bag on the bed and moving to the kitchen. Anna just nodded in agreement still busy in her books.

"What did you cook?".

"Nothing much, just made spag. You can have some of you want". She replied.

"Thanks, dear, benefits of having Anna as my roommate". Michelle murmured to herself smiling. She came out sitting on the bed with a plate of spag and a glass of orange juice.

They were both in silence before Anna finally broke the long annoying silence.

"So Mich, you've finally accepted Sampson huh?". She asked with a questioning look, this time she turned to face Michelle who was surprised at her question but just chuckled afterwards.

"Of course why won't I, you see Anna Sampson is a nice guy, he is funny, cool to be with and kind as well. But wait are you just finding out now?". She asked with a surprised face.

"Yes na, I suspected that you have when I saw the both of you kissing at the cafeteria day before yesterday". Answered Anna with a disgusted face.

"That's impressive. Well am sorry you're just finding out. Sampson and I have been dating for the past three months now and we're good together you know. I can see him with me in the future". She stated with a smirk.

"What!, Three months. How come I never knew about it huh!. Mich, You're not the best roomie I swear". Anna said sadly.

"Oh come on Anna, started Mich doesn't sound like that I never said I was the best roommate but am not the worst either". She smirked.

"Why you didn't know was because you never cared to know things about me or have you ever asked me?, You're always stuck with books, school and church".

"Oh! I see, so am now the wrong one. Very well then, I just have a piece of advice for you. Be very careful men can't be trusted especially, Sampson. There's something that isn't right about him but I can't figure it out.

Am saying this because I can't bear you crying on my shoulders when he finally leaves you and...." Said Anna with a serious and comforting tone.

"Oh come off it Anna". Mich said waving off her hand in front of Anna as she drank her juice.

"You see, Sampson is different believe me. I know why I chose him. The feelings are there Anna and I can't hide them. I love that guy. I don't care if he loves me back, mine is enough for the both of us. And for whatever you're suspecting or feeling, it's all an illusion".

She said as she stood up with her plate, she stood in front of Anna and bent down to whisper in her ears. "So, a dear friend of mine, don't worry too much or keep your hopes high because I won't come crying on your shoulders". She chuckled and left for the kitchen.

Anna hissed and murmured something to herself before retiring to what she was doing before.

A/N

Hello sweeties
How was that?
Aww, sweet Michelle is in love again and Anna is scared and worried for her friend.

How I wish I have a friend like Anna 😁. Who else like their friendship? 'cause I sure do

Anyways please guys support this book by voting, commenting and sharing.

Love and kisses.