Chapter 26: Guess who's back

"hey man! What's up, are you in town?".

"Woo, man you're still alive. It's been so fucking long. You just ghosted everybody".

"I know man let's meet up and have a drink got something big to tell ya"

"Alright meet you at 4". Call ended.

"Yoo man you're looking good and all. Where the hell have you been". Asked Michael as he admired his friend.

Japhet smiled widely "guess what man?"

"What?, We're not girls to be doing all this guessing work. Spit it out man". Michael said and they both laughed.

" Man am do happy I have finally gotten my certificate and a job at Canada!". Doctor Japhet screamed with joy. Michael jumped up as well

"Oh my God, you got to be kidding me like are u serious?" He asked with excitement.

" Ofcourse how can I joke with such a big thing". They both hugged each other.

" Oh man am happy for you. Congratulations Doctor Japhet of Canada". He teased and they both laughed. "Let's  drink up man. This is a big new indeed. A big shocking happy news" Michael said as they ordered for more drinks.

After few seconds their laughter died down. "But man the wat you left was not nice at all. No info even me your man, you couldn't tell me. You just left me hanging got me worried and shit". Michael said with a bit of sadness as he remembered everything that happened then.

"Am sorry Mike, an really am I know I fucked up but like it's not entirely my fault. The news came early in the morning around 3am requesting that I be there before 1pm mehn, I had to book the nearest flight. I left my phone at home. I took nothing with me just a few cash and my documents". Doctor Japhet explained sincerely.

"It's alright man, am happy that this your long time struggle has finally ended now I can rest from ur everyday complaint and worry not that am complaining". Michael said and they both laughed.

"So I am o. Am truly grateful to God. So how's Michelle, like uhm how's everybody?" Michael laughed at his friend's twisted question.

"She's fine and pregnant". He replied straight up. Doctor Japhet was shocked and sad all of a sudden. He was gone for just one month and Michelle is pregnant already. He should've known that she never like him that much that it was just a one night thing she didn't take it serious oh she was even drunk...

"How do you mean by she's pregnant for who and how. Like I was just fine got one month and..." He stopped as he feels his anger boils faster and the pain in his chest increasing double fold. "I swear I'll that man whoever it is". He squeezed his hands tightly against each other, he looked at Michael "you know I love that girl, I love her man I know I didn't tell her but I was waiting for the right time like why did she..."

Michael started laughing out loud almost falling to the ground. This got Japhet angry and more irritated "what's funny huh?, So you find this funny?" He asked raising his tone higher than normal. Michael tried controlling his laughter as he saw it's getting on his friends nerves. He then replied him when it seems to have lessened down

"Man you're funny I swear. Anyways you're the man. Michelle is pregnant with your baby" he said with all seriousness. Japhet was filled with triple emotions, he was surprised, happy then sad. He's sad because he knows he has hurt her by leaving without telling her.

"Where is she?". He asked.

"I don't know. Last I heard she had a heated argument with our parents and left the house". Japhet was hurt even more. He knew he was the cause of all this. He need to find her and explain things to her. He needs to let her know that he's not a monster that she might be picturing him to be already.