Chapter 24: speaking up and leaving...

"so you're just gonna leave the house or should I say run away...?" Patrick asked after she had finished explaining the whole situation to him. He seems to be the only friend that doesn't think like every other person right now to her.

"Yeah I guess, Because I really can't stand my father and the last thing I want is him rubbing this on my face". She sighed tired of the whole happenings. How can someone's life change within a week so drastically.

"Hm, I understand what you're saying but what about the company? " He asked. Michelle looked up at him and saw nothing but concern and worry. He has really been a great friend to her.

"Well, I still have to prove that I can handle it within a year so am just going to keep working harder to prove my father wrong. I don't really know how I ended up in this mess... " She let the tears fall as she spoke. Patrick reached across the table and took her hand in his squeezing and rubbing it lightly.

"It's okay Mich. Everything will all end soon. I am always here for you okay". He consoled. She looked up at him and smiled.

"Thank you Pat. Honestly I don't know what I would've done without you. I forgive you". She said smiling and that caused Patrick to jump from his chair and crossed over in a swift to hug her. He hugged her tightly.

"Thank you so much Mich, I love you"!" He exclaimed with happiness and paused when he realized what he just said, he stared at Michelle who is already looking surprised at his words.

"Shit!, no, no like I mean I like you as a friend you know and I... it's not really... I don't mean... Like..." He decided to shut up seeing that he's babbling and has nothing to say. Michelle let out a soft laugh

"I have to be on my way now and uhm Pat please can I stay in your house while I look for a house?" She asked as she stood up to go

"Ofcourse. You don't even need to ask" he replied. She gave him a thank-you-smile that caused him to stand staring at her. Whether pregnant or not if there's still a slight opportunity for her to come back to him, he wouldn't think twice to accept it. He stood there smiling sheepishly at her retreated figure.

He knew he meant what he told her before. He loved her more than a friend should love another. He never even stopped loving her though, but he knows Michelle is the last person to believe that. Well at least she has forgiven him and that's enough for him. It gives him hope that at least he still has a chance.

"Sir, do you want anything?" A waiter asked concerned seeing him standing and smiling at nothing. He immediately snapped back to reality "no am already on my way out" with that he left.

***** ***** ***** ***** *****
Michelle came back home to see her parents seated in sitting room in silence. Both seems to be lost in deep thought. She sighed as she entered. 'am not ready for this' she thought.

"Hey Mom ... Dad" she greeted in her usual tone. Both of her parents shook up immediately to look at her. Now with that look her initial plan is cancelled already. She composed herself with the little courage she managed to gather and started walking up the stairs. One step, two step, three ste...

"Hey! hold it right there young lady. Like where the hell do you think you're going?" Hon Stephenson shouted standing up from the couch and making her to stop and walk down the stairs.

"My room" she said almost like are whispered.

"For what! No Michelle tell me the next thing I should be expecting from you", you're pregnant at the age of 22 and the father is no where to be found". He looked at her sternly causing her to avert her gaze and look down. Her father is right and this is not what she wants to accept. She knows she has messed up but him rubbing it on her face is not the nicest experience. 'this is all Victor's fault, if she hadn't caught him cheating that day she wouldn't have had to go home with Japhet'. She thought.