Chapter 18: Heartbreaking Present

"Yeah Michelle, it's me Jason Victor's brother" the caller spoke and she stood there shocked and surprised. From what she knew, she and Jason never liked each other infact he hated her more than she hates him. 'Why is he calling her and how did he even get her number' she thought.

"What do you want? To preach about me being stupid to date your brother right? Listen if that's what you've called me to say I really don't have the time now to hear it or anything related to it" she spat angrily. That has been what Jason always tells her whenever she comes to visit Victor and it annoys her.

He chuckled before replying "Oh, no am done telling you that I don't even have the strength as well. Anyways I have something to show you, can u come over?" He asked.

"No I can't and what is it that you want to show me?" She asked

"Something that might arouse your emotions and probably open ur eyes. You'll love it I promise. I'll be waiting" he chuckled as he hunged up. She stood there thinking of what to do. She's really curious to know wat he had to show her but how can she leave her brother's engagement party.

She thought for a while and then decided to go just to satisfying her curiosity. She turned to head back to the terrace to go tell someone that she's going out but bumped into someone. "Sorry" doctor Japhet said and she nodded.

"Is everything alright?" He asked.

"Not really, Victor's brother just called me to come over that he has something to show me" she replied quietly.

"Okay let's go then" she looked at him confused. She knew he never liked Victor but she just nodded and they both left for Victor's house without informing anyone. Not like anyone cares maybe except Miranda.

Michelle drove to where Victor lives in doctor Japhet's car. He insisted on them taking his car saying it's faster and all. They both came down at once and heads towards the front door where they met Jason who leaned against the door with a smirk.

"I thought you won't come?" He asked in an amused way.

But Michelle let it slide and moved straight to the point "so what's it that you badly want to show me?" She snapped.

He chuckled "hi am Jason Michelle's boyfriend's brother". He introduced as he brought his hand towards doctor Japhet who nodded and shook his hand.

"Japhet, Michelle's friend". He said the last part in low tone. How much he wished he can switch position with Victor and be more than just a friend to her, but it's better than nothing.

"Mr Man, am running out of patience, where is the thing you want to show me?" She asked again getting frustrated and angry at Jason's reluctance.

"Impatient are we?, Anyways in as much as I hate my brother but I don't think I really hate you as you think". He said while Michelle scoffs. "That's by the way, Victor is waiting for you in his room, I hope you enjoy the present".

"What the hell, in his room for what? Michelle asked with mixed feelings of confusion and anger.

"Can I go with her?" asked doctor Japhet with concern. In as much as he knows Victor is her boyfriend he still won't be able to bear it if he touches her wrongly. He's thankful that there relationship is not based on sex.

"Sure you can, at least it will make the aroused emotions more bearable". With that he left with an evil grin plastered on his face.

"Hm, let's go" Michelle said as she dragged doctor Japhet inside the house and infront of Victor's room. Without much thinking she opens the door with a smile "hey babe, heard you got a surprise present for..." The words trailed off her mouth when she saw the sight infront of her.

Everything seems to stop moving for like 10seconds. 'No it can't be, it really can't be'. "Victor!" She called almost like she whispered it.

That was when Victor turned and was surprised to see Michelle, he hadn't noticed her presence since. "Michelle what are you doing here?" He asked with confusion. She stood there trying hard to hold the tears from falling off if there was any tear at all. This is the third betrayal, this is the third time she is been left in shattered.

"Hi" chipped in the brunette laying in bed with Victor with a smile.

"Hi" Michelle said back at her, she can't even force a smile. What is there to smile about. 'Maybe the brunette knows her. Does it mean Victor has been using her since... no wonder he never asked her for ex' she thought

"I'll try not to kill you Victor!" with that she left the room but bumped into doctor Japhet who is standing impatiently behind the door. "Let's go" sh said as she continued moving out of the house. She came out and saw Jason still waiting. He smirked

"How was the present?" He asked, she tried, really she tried to let out a smile no matter how fake it is but she couldn't.

"It was eye opening, thank you". She entered the passenger side but didn't miss the grin on Jason's face and his response. "I told you it will be". Doctor Japhet joined her immediately in the car sitting at the driver's seat.

"Where should I take you to?" He asked

"Any where apart from my house" she replied tiredly and he nodded as he pulled out of the compound.

A/N

This is an extremely short chapter
Sorry for that, next chapter will be longer I promise.

I feel like this heartbreak is getting too much. My little sweet Michelle is suffering alot.

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, and SHARE. I'd really appreciate that.

❤️❤️