Loving you's a bloodsport fighting in a love war

"So you looked into me." Katherine questions from the passenger seat.

Previous Night, Fangtasia

The only man Eric trusted with sensitive information is standing in front of him.

"What did you find?" He asks.

"Katherine Pierce, also known as Katerina Petrova, is one of four known doppelgängers of her bloodline. She was originally from Bulgaria until her father banished her to England for having a child out of wedlock. When she was in England she caught the eye of a nobleman named Nicklaus. He planned to kill her and use her for a ritual; a curse was put on him called the sun and the moon curse. It was said that if a werewolf broke the curse they wouldn't be forced to turn into wolves anymore. He ended up breaking the curse a few hundred years later.

When Katherine found out about what Nicklaus was planning she ran, drank a vampire's blood and killed herself. After that, Klaus killed her entire family. Katherine went home to Bulgaria to find them all dead.

After that, she spent the rest of her life running. The last known record of her that actually exists is from 1864 where she stayed in Mystic Falls, VA before she was apparently locked in a tomb with other vampires. She somehow escaped, turning both of her lovers into vampires." The man says.

"And that's all the information you have?"

"Yes."

"Her maker, the vampire's blood she drank, what happened to them?"

"Klaus's half-brother Elijah killed him once they found the doppelgänger that they used in the sacrifice."

She's let people die for her, she has let others be pieces as if life is a game to her but she has also forced herself to survive, even by manipulating others so she could live another day. Survival Instinct. That is a quality he can appreciate.

Present day

"It only seems fair, you looked into me first."

"Yes, well, I don't exactly trust people. Your history makes it as if you look out for no one but yourself."

"I look out for what's in my best interest; that includes Pam."

"Don't worry, I won't hurt your little progeny. I kind of like her."

He sends a glare her way.

"Keep your eyes on the road big guy."

"You know, if you two want to just have sex, we can pull over and I can drive," Pam suggests.

"We already have," Katherine says. He grips the steering wheel harder trying not to retract his fangs.

Pam sends him a look through the mirror. Maybe they should call dibs when they both want to hook up with the same person, that way this won't happen again.

"Pull over here," Katherine says. They are on the side of the road outside an old cottage-looking house.

She gets out of the car taking the case with her. Eric speeds in front of her. "Where are you going with that?"

"You want to walk in the sun right? Well, you need a witch to perform the spell."

"The witch you had me find?"

"No, a different witch. The type of spell I need Lucy to perform will draw a lot of energy. So you get a different witch to do the amulet."

"It's almost sun up, so get Pam and let's go inside the house unless you want to fry."

He doesn't like this, not knowing what Katherine is thinking. It seems that Katherine knows a lot about the witches, or she was told some tales and is just being cautious.

They walk up the house before Katherine knocks on the door. A short woman with dark hair and caramel skin opens the door.

"Y'all can come on in. I know why your here." She says.

They walk into the house that smells of some strange herbs.

"Don't worry, it's just wolfsbane." The witch says. Wolfsbane; she has got to be kidding!

"So, Ms. Pierce, how many this time?"

"Two; one for each of them, spelled in Faerie and doppelganger blood, untainted by the cure of course."

"Well, we need the sun to be up, I'm sure you can wait a few hours."

It is about midday when The witch Genevieve gets to spell Eric and Pam's daylight amulets. Genevieve has mixed the doppelganger and faerie blood together; the doppelganger blood apparently bringing out the crystals in the faerie blood that make them able to walk in the light. Genevieve then lets the lapis lazuli stones be coated in the blood as well as placing a protection spell over them before actually doing the charm that would allow for them to walk in the daylight.

Genevieve opens one of the curtains to the house letting the light fall on the bracelet and necklace. She mumbles a few words before coming to a stop, "It's done."

Eric looks at Genevieve before taking the necklace and putting it on over his head. He turns to the door, "Eric, what if it doesn't work?" Pam asks.

"We'll see what happens." He says making his way out the door.

He's done something like this before when he tried to trick Russell Edgington. He let himself walk in the sun to let him think he was invincible as a vampire. Katherine, however, was doing this for him, giving him what he wants, in exchange for finding a mere witch. It's almost too much, and there is also the possibility that it won't work, that she is lying to him just to get what she wants.

He walks out of the house and takes a few steps down waiting for it, the pain of his flesh to burn off, to see Godrick again, for him to tell him something that only Godrick could know and yet... there is nothing; the sun is hitting his skin, the warmth of the day against it. No pain, no bloodshed, nothing... Katherine gave him this, gave him something he thought he had lost forever.

He turns to see Pam running out of the house into the sun. He can feel what she is feeling; joy, relief, and some type of peace. It is almost strange to Eric for her to feel that much peace.

He then lets his eyes fall to Katherine as she stands against the house. Looking at her in the light, he can see something in her... he is starting to feel a great deal of admiration for her.

He appears in front of her before leaning in closer. He lets his forehead rest against hers, letting their noses brush before pressing his lips to hers. She clasps her arms around his neck pulling him in deeper. She is like sin... Utter, perfect sin in his arms.

She slightly pulls away from him, "You owe me one." She mumbles against his lips.

Eric lets out a laugh at her words. Yeah, maybe I do.