Part 14

My birthday has been super uneventful. It's just been a normal day. Asher woke me up by jumping on me. He gave me a new hoodie and some sweats along with a couple other small things. I just got done with my classes for the day and when I walk out of the school, my phone vibrates in my pocket. I pull it out of my pocket and see a text from Adri asking me to wait for her.

Unlocking my car, I slide into the drivers seat and scroll through Instagram on my phone. After about 20 minutes, Adri comes out of the school towards my car. She gets into the passenger seat and sighs while she runs a hand through her hair. I smile at her and start to head towards my house. I'm nervous because she's never seen the inside of my house. I'm going through my head mentally on the way there to make sure everything is clean and I think the house is clean, but I can't help but feel a twinge of anxiety. The bass is blasting in my car while we drive down the highway. Adrianna is scrolling through social media and I smile at how adorable she looks. I pull onto my exit and go towards my house. Putting the car in park, I get out and open the door for her before she can open it herself.

"Thank you, T," She says to me with a blush on her cheeks. Adri steps out of the car and stretches her arms out while I close the door.

"So, I wanna let you know that the house looks really bad on the outside but it's amazing on the inside." She chuckles at me and shakes her head.

"Tatum, I wouldn't judge you even if it was just beams inside. Everyone comes from something and as long as you're happy, healthy, and a good person, it doesn't matter." My heart felt warm when I heard her say this. I nodded at her with a goofy smile on my face as I unlocked my front door. She looked around at the dark interior of the room and her eyes immediately landed on the huge flat screen on the wall. Adri looked down at the entertainment center and saw both of the game systems surrounded by stacks of video games.

"It's a little messy, I'm sorry," I say to her as I walk into the kitchen. She follows me as she takes in her surroundings.

"You have a really nice place. How much is your rent?" I open the fridge and look for something to drink.

"Technically, we don't have rent. My brother and I bought this house and just spent all of our extra money fixing it. Our friends live in the houses next to us that came with the property, so they just stay there and fix up the houses like we did. We finished the inside already and now we just have to work on the outside." I glance at her to ask if she wants something to drink. Her gaze was on me, but it can tell she was looking at my ass. As soon as she hears me talk she looks away and pretends she wasn't looking.

"Just water, please," She responds with a small smile and a blush on her cheeks. I grab two waters out of the fridge and hand one to my teacher. Adri thanks me as we walk out of the kitchen.

"I have to change and go mow the yard out back and then we can play soccer if you still want to." We walk by the gun room door and she glances at the locks on it. I can feel her getting curious but I don't want her to know about that part of my life so I leave it alone.

"Yeah, we can do that but I don't have any shorts to wear."

"Not a problem, you can borrow some of mine. You can borrow a shirt as well if you need to." Adri answers me with a nod. We go up the stairs to my room. The other girl looks at the pictures of Ash and I next to expensive cars and clients on the walls. She smiles when she sees a picture of me and Ash at the lake smiling with our arms around each other.

I open the door to my room with my teacher right behind me. Adri looks a little awkward standing at the door. I motion to my bed to let her know she can sit down. I grab two pairs of shorts and two shirts. Throwing one to her, I let her know I'll be right back and to get changed. I go into my bathroom to do the same. Looking at my reflection, I check for imperfections. Why am I trying so hard to impress her? We can't be anything. She's so much older than me and my damn teacher. Shaking my head, I brush my hair out and put it up into a ponytail. I check myself one last time and walk out into my room. Adri is sitting on my bed scrolling through social media in my shorts and my t-shirt and it's honestly the most amazing sight I've ever seen. After admiring the sight for a second, I sat next to her and put my tennis shoes on. I can feel her watching me so I turn towards her and meet her eyes.