Part 15

I woke up to a knock at the door. Adri shifted a little and saw my eyes open. She looks down at me with her beautiful eyes.

"Don't worry, I'll get it," She says. I sit up and rub the sleepiness out of my eyes. It's probably Ash, he forgets his keys all the time.

"Is Tatum here?" A familiar voice says.

"Um, who's asking?" My teacher says back. I stand up and stretch to start walking to the door. I can't place the voice. Who would be here at this time of night asking for me. When I see who it is, I freeze.

"What are you doing here? And how did you get my address?" I look at the smaller girl in my doorway. It's Jackson's sister, Shelby.

"I just wanted to come thank you for the other day. It's a long story, but Abby hasn't messed with me at all since then. I really appreciate it. You didn't have to do that for me," She tells me as she's looking at the ground. Adri has moved out of the way and is giving me a confused look. I just give her an 'I'll explain later' look and move to block the door. "What's the new gym teacher doing here?" Shelby asks.

"She's my brother's friend. She was over waiting for him to get off work," I say. Ash should be home any minute now, so it makes the most sense. "Anyways, Shelby, of course, it's no problem. She shouldn't have been talking to you like that. But how did you get my address? My mom doesn't even know where I live." Shelby looks confused by this.

"Oh, I'm sorry. My brother gave it to me. He said that it would be okay if I just showed up. Jackson said you guys used to be good friends, so it would be alright. I'm sorry if I intruded. I'll see you later, I'm sorry for coming unannounced. I'll see you in gym class, Ms. Martin!" With that, she went back to her car and pulled out of my driveway. Asher pulled in as she was pulling out and came up to the door with a puzzled look.

"Who was that, T?" He looked to my right and saw Adri and looked even more confused. He raised an eyebrow at me and I just shook my head. As I closed the door, I started to think about the fact that Jackson knows where I live. Like I said, even my mom doesn't know. Adri sat down on the large sectional on the other side of Asher.

"Asher, right? I'm Adri, Tatums.... Friend," She says to him, with her hand extended. Ash glances at me and smirks.

"Yes, of course. You're also her teacher, right?" Adri's face goes pale. "Don't worry, I know you met for the first time outside of school and you're younger than I am, so it honestly doesn't matter." Adrianna relaxed a little bit at that. " Just don't take advantage of her. She might seem mature, but she's still a little naive."

"What the fuck do you mean by that dude?" I say. "In my opinion, I'm less naive than you because you take these girls to stupid expensive restaurants and give them discounts on their payments just because they're ready to hop in bed with you. Adri at least paid full price," I shoot her a wink, just to make sure she gets the joke. Adri stifles a giggle and Ash starts to stutter. "I'm just kidding homie. Relax." I go to the kitchen and grab a beer and Adri looks at me warily.

"Oh my god, girl, chill. It's a Friday and it's my birthday. Legally, I'm not a minor so you can't do anything." I stick my tongue out at her teasingly and she shakes her head with a smile.

"TECHNICALLY, I'm supposed to, but since you're my friend, I'm turning a blind eye," Adri says. My teacher looks down at her watch. "Oh my god, it's super late. I should probably head home." She turns to Asher and says goodbye. "It was really nice meeting you. I hope you have a good night!" Asher agrees and says goodbye as well.

"I'm gonna drive her home Ash, but I'll be back in a few," I tell him. He starts to protest, but I cut him off. "Don't worry, I've only had one drink. It'll be okay. You have my location so you can see where I am at all times. Like I said, I'll be right back." With that, we walk out the door. I open Adri's door for her and she gives me a small smile as she gets in. As I'm walking to my side, I mull over the conversation with Shelby earlier. I have to tell Ash that he knows where we live. And that he was bold enough to tell his sister that we're 'good friends'. I climb into the driver's seat and start the car.

"You can have aux, A," I say. She nods and looks through her phone for a song. She puts on a Pierce the Veil song and I look at her with an eyebrow raise. "You listen to this stuff?" I ask.

"I can change it if you want, I know not everyone likes it-" I hold a hand up to stop her.

"No, I love Pierce The Veil. I just didn't peg you as the type, is all." That launched us into a whole conversation about the genre. At some point when we were talking, she grabbed a hold of my hand. I noticed, but I didn't want it to end so I stayed quiet. After a while of us talking a few different songs, we arrived at her house. She immediately got quiet.

"What is it? Are you alright?" I ask my teacher. She looked upset. Adri looked up at me hesitantly through her eyelashes.

"What was that girl at your house for?" I laughed a little bit but it seemed to upset her so I cut it off.

"Actually, I'm surprised you didn't know. I saw a fight in the hall on the way to your class the other day that involved her and some other girl and I defended Shelby, the one that showed up to my house," Adri's shoulders relaxed a bit. "Why, what did you think happened?"

"I just thought...nevermind," she stopped and started to get out. I grabbed her wrist gently to stop her.

"Adrianna, I promise nothing is happening between me and her." I don't know why I felt the need to explain myself to her, but I did. Adri relaxed a bit.

"Even if there was, you don't have to justify yourself. You're my student. It's none of my business." She got out of the car and started to walk towards the door. I felt like I should leave it alone and just drive home, but my body wouldn't listen. I shut my car off and opened my door. I jogged up her walkway and met her at the door. Adri looked up at me, confused.

"I know I don't have to, but I want to. I just want you to know there's no one in my life like that." We're close enough, I can feel her breath on my lips. I glance down at them and immediately bring my gaze back to her beautiful eyes. "I've been trying to hold it in for so long but I just can't anymore." I tried to stop the flow of words coming out of my mouth but it was physically impossible. "You're the highlight of my day everytime I see you. I feel so safe when you're around, it's crazy. You make me happy and content and I feel like I can actually let go and be myself when we're together," I pause to look at her expression to make sure I'm not freaking her out. Her gaze just tells me to keep going. "I feel like you won't judge me for who I am and I love being with you. Since we've met, every time I feel like I'm going to scare you off, you've stayed with me and held me and tried to understand what's going on from my point of view and even my best friend can't do that. I just want you to know that I appreciate you and I'm sorry if I'm overstepping in any way but-" she cuts me off with her lips.

All I can think of is how soft her lips are. And how great mine feel on hers. I wrap my arms around her waist and hers wrap around my shoulders. Almost instinctively. Our lips meld together like they're missing puzzle pieces. Like they've been searching for each other for decades and have just come together after longing for each other. I grab her hips and pull her closer. I could kiss this woman for hours on end and not get tired of it. I alway thought that when people said 'there were sparks' it was an over exaggeration, but now I know what they mean. I never want to let go. I could live in this moment for the rest of my life if it was possible.

Adrianna pulls back with a sigh, her eyes still closed. My arms are still on her waist, not wanting to let go. One of her hands is on my shoulder, the other cupping my face.

"So, I need to let Luke out. There's no school tomorrow, and I think I'm just going to tell Juliette my girlfriend wouldn't approve of us going for drinks." My heart skipped a beat. "Would you want to stay tonight?" I smile the biggest I've smiled in a very long time. I lean down and give her a small peck.

"I would love that."