Stuck Inside

(No ones POV)
Today's featured song is: Back in the day-Erykah Badu.
It was the weekend, and Yuuichi was bored. This isn't new, as he's bored when he's home alone most of the time. His mom was working, as she usually was, and Akiyoshi was out with his friends, but he left while Yuu was napping on the couch, and texted him after he left. You were just in the middle of putting some groceries in your cars trunk. You tried not to get to much junk food but those (favorite snacks) are too good! While you're driving back home, you get a text while at a red light.

Yuuichi:
(1 new message)
You tap your phones screen. The following conversation ensues.

(Featured song)

(Yuuichi=Y and Y/N=you)

Y: Hey did you want to hang out? I haven't really gotten to know you yet and everyone else is too tired from this week lol.

(Y/N): lol yea makes sense
(Y/N): when did you want to hang out?
Y: when are you free?
(Y/N): today really. Not doin much except picking up groceries
Y: oh ok I can do today
(Y/N): cool let me drop these groceries at home cuz i bought some frozen stuff too then I'll come pick you up.
Y: cool I'll get ready. See you in a bit.
(Y/N): wait what's your address?
Y: (insert address here because I'm lazy lmao)
(Y/N): aight got it.

The whole ordeal took longer than it was expected, with the traffic and putting groceries away was about 35 minutes. Then trying to find Yuu's house was hard since every house on the street basically looked the same. But in about an hours time, you had just pulled up outside. You waited about 2 minutes then you decided to call him.

"Hey you good in there?" You asked.
"Yea I'm fine. I just though I had time to take a quick shower but my fur is dummy thick so it takes a while to dry. Hold on."
At this point Akiyoshi (Yuu's little bro) was home, so he asked him to let you in.

                                                                                          (For those who don't know what he looks like, here he is)

You hear a few noises on the phone when Yuu's voice picked up again.

"Hold on my little brother is letting you in, you can wait inside until I come out, it may be a bit. Sorry about that."

"Nah don't worry it's fine, take your time!" You reassured him. You would've probably done the same thing.

You step out of your car, and towards the door, and right when you reach it, you see a smaller Yuuichi clone opening the door.
"Hey. You must be the friend Aniki was talking about. Come on in." he said with a pretty monotone voice (also I'm sorry if I used aniki wrong I don't know shit about Japanese and Wikipedia didn't help with anything and I'm so tired I'm going crazy so I'll continue with the story)
You took your shoes off and walked into the living room of the house, which was nice. Very modern. You sat down on a small chair opposite of the couch and pulled out your phone to pass the time until Yuuichi got done drying off, while the "clone" went back upstairs, presumably to his room. You sat and looked at some stuff in the house, there were plants near the stairs, some paintings that caught your eye and som-holy shit that tv is huge. Sooner or later you hear footsteps coming down the steps rather quickly.
Yuuichi was trying his damn best to smooth out some small wrinkles on his tank top, and then let out a sigh of defeat. Upon seeing you, the shiba smiled and did a quick wave before stuffing his phone in his pocket.

"You ready?" You asked
"Yup, let's do this." Yuu said.
You put your phone in your pocket, and started walking towards the door, and immediately upon opening it saw nothing but rain. You could barely even see your car.

"Are you kidding me right now?!" You both said in unison. You groaned and accepted defeat. You saw the clouds were a bit gray earlier but it looked like they were clearing up. Guess you were wrong.
"Guess we're staying in today." Yuuichi sighed before walking back into the living room and plopping on the couch. You soon followed suit.

You both sat in silence for a while watching tv, but you could barely hear it over the rain slamming the roof.

"Hmmmm...what should we talk about?" Yuuichi asked, looking at you.

"I don't know. Shoichi sure talked about you a lot. All good things though." You said.
"Oh? What did he say?" he asked, still looking at you.
"He talked about how nice you are, and that you play tennis, and that you could be a bit sarcastic sometimes. So far all of these check out." You chuckled, looking back at him.
"Come on (Y/N), I'm not THAT sarcastic am I?"
You just gave him a look of 'yea you kinda are'.
"Anyways what's tennis like?"
"It's fun, it can get a bit maddening and stressful at times, and sore, but it's mostly fun." He said.
"Ah ok." you said, kind of bored.
"What do you think of everybody else? They're not to crazy are they?" Yuu asked.
"Nah not really. Saya is a bit scary but she's still nice. Jun is basically a child, but he has a good heart. Shoichi's is literally the embodiment of the 'intimidating guy but is actually wholesome' character in some movies. Keisuke's an ok guy, but we never really have our own conversations."

You and Keisuke didn't really talk to each other much, seeing as you didn't really have much in common with him, but he's not mean or anything like that.

"Oh ok, makes sense.....off topic question, but did you wanna watch a movie or something?" Yuuichi already had the remote in his hand, so you were just like "Sure, the news is getting kind of depressing."

You flipped through Zulu for a while before settling on a pretty tame looking movie, about a girl with magic powers or something neither of you were really paying attention to, you just used it for background noise.

To be honest, neither of you really "watched" any of it, just gave critique on how bad the acting was, coming from such a big studio. But after a few minutes of not talking you heard soft snoring coming from beside you, and saw Yuuichi laying his head back, with his mouth slightly open. You took this opportunity to grab the remote and start watching something else since you don't have anyone to critique the movies with. You weren't just gonna wake him up either, he looked peaceful, and that would be rude either way.

The rain stopped, cicadas were making their usual sounds, and the only thing that remained were Yuu's soft snores, the clicking of the remote as you were flipping through anything, and the somewhat tranquil hum of the refrigerator. You had just come back from the bathroom, and were struggling not to get bored, when all of a sudden, a soft sensation hit the side of your neck and right shoulder, and saw the peaceful dog-guy not even stirring as he flopped onto you. Jeez he must've needed this.

As he lay on you, you fight the urge to pet his head, even though Shoichi told you he didn't like it.

"Aww but he's just so cute..." you said internally, not wanting to wake your sleeping friend.
So you gingerly reached your hand over and started lightly scratching behind his ears, eliciting a soft sigh, and a couple small thumps as his tail wagged against the back of the couch. Even his leg started kicking out a little bit.
You were trying your best not to explode. This was too much, this was too adorable. But eventually, you also succumbed to the inviting grasp of sleep.

End of chapter 3! Added some light fluff in there. I don't know when the next time I'll update will be, it could either be tomorrow or a few weeks from now. But you'll know soon enough. I gotta sleep now, hope you enjoyed!
-Barf