Chapter Six

This story contains mature scenes, read at your own risk. (18+)

Gael felt shy around Mario. They were walking slowly, as if they were taking their time with each other around, toward the parking lot. Mario was talking nonstop about how fast Gael swims as a swimmer. He told Gael that he's a fan of swimming, that at some point of his life, he wished he was a swimmer instead of a volleyball player.

"I was actually looking for you, but our schedule wasn't really destined. Glad I bumped into you," Mario told him which made Gael's heart pumped rapidly. Pakiramdam ni Gael ay may kung anong bagay ang naglalaro sa kanyang sikmura.

Mario opened his car for Gael. They were just together for less than thirty minutes but Gael could tell that Mario is sweet and caring.

"Salamat," Gael thanked him.

Mario hurriedly jog on the other side and hopped immediately inside his car. He's driving a pick-up, just like Oliver. Mario started the engine and Gael couldn't help to feel uncomfortable because Mario's presence was overwhelming him.

"My family owns a restaurant and we have a branch nearby, I informed them I'll be there in about ten minutes," Mario told Gael and started driving.

"Don't be shy around me, I really talk a lot," nakangiti pa nitong saad. Gael glanced at him and smiled.

"I saw you at the house club last time, I was about to approach you but you were with someone that time. If I'm not mistaken, you were with Oli. We were best buddies until high school, did you know that?"

Kumunot ang noo ni Gael sa sinabi ni Oliver.

"Magkaibigan kayo?" Gael was surprised but he didn't want to show it.

"Yeah, since we were kids. But everything changed after junior high school, when his parents got a big problem. He barely talked to us that time."

"Oliver is...cold," ani Gael.

"He's always been cold, but got colder when his long time girlfriend broke up with him."

Girlfriend? Of course Gael, he had a girlfriend. You are talking about Oliver Yan, a real deal. Gael thought to himself.

"We don't talk anymore but I often see him. We are classmates with some minor subjects. But you, I was always looking for you."

Napalingon si Gael kay Mario dahil sa sinabi nito. Ano ang ibig nitong sabihin?

"Don't get me wrong, I'm just really a fan like my little brother. He likes swimming too and I told him we got someone who is called the little mermaid. You are so famous and everyone knows you," Mario was obviously happy while talking to him.

The vibe around Mario is sunny, bright and warm.

All of a sudden, Mario hold his left hand, which made Gael flinched.

"You can be you when you're around me, I don't mind," Mario told him, as if he was saying something else.

He squeezed his hand and smiled widely.

"We're near," Mario announced. Pakiramdam naman ni Gael ay doon lang siya nakahinga nang maluwag.

Minutes passed by, they arrived in front of a restaurant. Gael was never been there. He rarely goes to a fancy place like that. Mas pipiliin pa niyang kumain ng street food sa gilid ng kalsada kaysa ang pumunta sa mga ganoong lugar.

"Is this your first time here?" tanong ni Gael sa kanyang nang makapag-park na ito ng sasakyan.

"Oo," tipid na sagot ni Gael at sabay silang bumaba ng sasakyan.