43. Like Mother Like Daughter

"I'm yo daughters fiancee," Jay said, "Simone get yo ass over here and sit next to me before I fuck you up."

I paused for a second and looked at my mom. She was...smiling. I sat next to Jay, and he immediately put his arm around me. I wish he would stop treating me like a trophy or an object, but of course I wasn't going to say anything.

"I wanted to ask you guys something," I said.

They both looked at me but didn't say anything, so I continued. I was really nervous, and I knew my mama wasn't going to agree, but I had to try.

"Jay, I really wanna see my mama clean, and I was wondering if you could find a rehab center for her?" I asked with pleading eyes.

"I'm not going to no fucking rehab!" my mom screamed, but I ignored her.

"I'll think about it," Jay grunted out.

"What's there to think about. I do everything for you, why can't you do this one thing for me?" I said in an angry tone.

"Don't start," Jay warned.

"Fucking punk," I said under my breath, but Jay heard me.

Before I could register what was happening, my body was already flying across the room. I held onto my belly and screamed. I could hear Jay yelling and my mom laughing at me.

"Who's the fucking punk now bitch!" 

"I'm sick of your fucking attitude, but you gonna learn today!"

 I looked down and saw blood between my legs. I let out an unholy shriek and began crying while holding my belly. This couldn't be happening, he can't be gone. 

"My baby!" I screamed at Jay, "You killed him!" 

Jay didn't even seem to care, he just looked at me with that blank look in his eyes. I felt so many emotions I began to lose consciousness, but before I did, I heard my mother say, "You're just like me, and you always will be."

331 Words