10. Evidence

Next Day

I wasn't able to sleep all night, I just stared at the wall. Jay started to move around, he was getting up. I didn't move and pretended to still be sleeping. He got up and walked out of the room causing me to breathe out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I waited a few minutes before getting up and going to the bathroom. 

I looked in the mirror and saw heavy bags under my face. I locked the bathroom door and took my clothes off to examine my body. I had scratches and bruises everywhere. I gasped in horror when I saw two large bite marks on my shoulder and neck. I thought was all the damage he had done, but then realized how much my nose hurt, I guess I didn't have time to acknowledge the pain. It was very bruised and looked disfigured. I unconsciously touched it but stopped as soon as I realized how sensitive it was. 

Tears began to roll down my eyes as I turned on the shower. I checked to make sure the door was locked again even though I already knew it was. My long curly hair was as disheveled as my body. I should have taken Claire's advice, but now she wants nothing to do with me. I can't go back to my mom's because she'll just invite that dude back over, but it's not like I'm saving something anymore. 

My skin was still raw from me scrubbing last night and the scratches he had put all over my body. I felt so, impure. I got in the shower and thought about how much I just wanted to leave my body. My skin felt so dirty no matter how much I scrubbed. I eventually stopped scrubbing and sat on the shower floor. The water ran down my scratched back and I winced but didn't make an effort to stand. I gathered up my knees to my chest and started to sob. I don't know how long I stayed like this, but I eventually heard a knock at the door. I jumped up at the sound of the door and began shaking uncontrollably.

"Open the door," he demanded.

I didn't want to, but I knew if I didn't he would hurt me more. I turned off the shower and began drying off. I slowly put on my new pair of sweats, trying my best to avoid the bruises. Then I put on an oversized t-shirt and some fuzzy socks. I heard a knock at the door again while I was attempting to comb out my hair.

"If you're not out in ten minutes, I'm gonna kick down the door," he said, but I didn't respond.

I finished brushing my hair and took a deep breath. I slowly walked towards the door and unlocked it. As soon as the lock clicked I heard him shuffle to the front of the door. I took one more breath and opened the door.

501 words