Eyes that twinkle (4)

Terrified. That's what Singto felt the moment he turned around and saw Krist's almost lifeless body laying on the floor. Shards of broken glass surrounding him. Singto panics.

"No no no, Krist!" he exclaims as he comes down to look at Krist's unconscious body. Adrenaline taking over his body and immediately lifting it up, not even caring if the people around him asked him to slow down and stay calm. How could he?

He was just entering their office, coming from the cafeteria, when coincidentally, Krist was going outside. They made eye contact, through Singto's reading glasses and under Krist's sunglasses, there was a connection. A longing. Singto noticed Krist's paler body, the trembling lips, and the shaking hands that were holding a glass tumbler. How could he ignore them and just walk pass through him when he already noticed the signs? Krist fell down, and all that Singto knew next was that he heard the frail body fall down along with the breaking of the tumbler. He panicked. He was scared. He may not have Krist's love. But his love for Krist never went away. 

Tears streaming down his cheeks, he holds Krist's body tightly at the back of the cab he had hailed.

"Krist, hang in there." he says, his voice trembling. 

He yells at the driver to drive faster, the same way his heart was thumping. They reached the hospital and threw bills at the front, not caring anymore how much he had thrown, he went down, Krist's body in his arms. The driver yelled, saying that he still has change but Singto went on to bringing Krist inside the hospital. 

Nurses and staff attend to him the moment they saw his panic state and the collapsed body in his arms.

"What happened sir?"

"I-I don't know. H-he just fell d-down. Please. Help him." He says with his panicked, trembly voice. Staff come in with a wheeled stretcher, Singto lays Krist's body. Following them as the staff bring Krist inside the emergency room. Right at the door, he was stopped by one of the nurses.

"I'm sorry sir, but this is the farthest you can go. Please wait here. We will take care of him."

Though he hesitated, Singto nodded his head and waited. Seating on one of the chairs at the side. A nurse comes to him and asks him to answer an information form, he fills it up and gives back the clipboard to the nurse then goes back to waiting. He waited. His head rested between his hands. What happened? If he wasn't so bitter about finding out Krist was already going out with Tay, would he be able to notice earlier? Stupid Tay. He curses inside his mind. Weren't they together? Shouldn't he be taking care of Krist?

A staff comes out of the door asking for someone accompanied with Krist, Singto stands up.

"Doc? How is he? Is he alright? Why did he faint?" Singto shoots what seemed to be the doctor with questions like a multi caliber gun. The doctor asks him to calm down and Singto takes a deep breath.

"He fainted from over work and dehydration but he is okay now. We will be transferring him to private room and can be discharged once he wakes up and finishes the IV to help him regain water in his system."

"Thank you doc." Singto replies, he bows at the doctor to pay respect and a nurse excuses him to follow her into Krist's room.

Entering the room, Singto feels his heart clench. He takes a seat next to Krist's body, contemplating whether to hold his hand or not but decides to do so anyways. It felt cold. Unlike the warm soft hand that he used to intertwine fingers with. Singto frowns, now that he can examine the boy, Singto noticed the dark bags under Krist's eyes, the plump red lips were paler now and dry, and his breathing was fast and uneven. Was it maybe my fault? he thinks inside his mind. Making him clench his hand and grip Krist's forgetting that he was holding Krist's hand.